Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Bumper Plastic Studs

snoged

hi have have had a search but cant find the info i am after ,just wondered if someone could assist

my rear parking sensors have stopped working so i bought a replacement set the rear tailgate ones are straight forward but i am having trouble removing the rear corner bumpers (its a 2002 4.2 (1 think) 5 door i have removed the two bolts at the side and the screw at the top of the wheel arch but there are 2 plastic studs that i dont know how to remove any help is welcome

many thanks

• Like 1

You either push up the centres from the back of if limited access carefully prise the centre out from the front.. There is often a wee grove to put a thin narrow bladed screw driver in to do this.

Putting them back you push in the outside part of the stud and the push in the centre which will lock the stud back in place...

hi

from the front they look like one piece from the back they feel square but i can just about touch them so would be hard to get any type of tool in there thinking on from this any idea the proper name for these as i might as well fit new ones

many thanks for the reply !

Could you post up a wee phoaty, mate? Most can be centre prised with a Trimtool.

If you can feel them from the back the squeeze the four pins together and push while pulling the panel from the front GENTLY.... They will just pop out..

Much as I have hands like a midwife, Charlie, he better have hands like Stevie Austin to close the springy bits if they are the square 4 contact wans. Sounds like they are.....

• Like 1

You really don't want to removing the quarter bumpers if you don't need to. Way back about six years ago

when I had my 4.2, I fitted a parking sensor kit. I left bumpers in place, marked hole position, drilled, fitted

sensor, and fed the wire through bottom of bumper using a screwdriver, coathanger, and being very careful

not to damage anything.

Edit, if you do decide to remove said bumpers, as I remember, the clips are a ball type attached

To bodywork, they fit into a slot in bumper. I have done a post on here about fitting the quarters, I

Would do a search for it, but I don't really want to be reminded about playing dodgems in reverse

With a wall.

You really don't want to removing the quarter bumpers if you don't need to. Way back about six years ago

when I had my 4.2, I fitted a parking sensor kit. I left bumpers in place, marked hole position, drilled, fitted

sensor, and fed the wire through bottom of bumper using a screwdriver, coathanger, and being very careful

not to damage anything.

Believe it or not, Dave min.........ah removed wife's (naw.......) and the only clips that broked were the ones I THINK poster is referring to.

you can get ones of e-bay, maybe not as good quality as original ones but you can see how they work

B-A

That looks very much like a broken thingmybob to me.........?

Push the centre pin in and then carefully lever the cap out. To refit, push the pin back out so it protrudes from the flat disc, re-insert and push the pin back to where it is now.

Push the centre pin in and then carefully lever the cap out. To refit, push the pin back out so it protrudes from the flat disc, re-insert and push the pin back to where it is now.

Got stock of small qtys of lotsa clips.......that one a newbie on me........

Got stock of small qtys of lotsa clips.......that one a newbie on me........

Could well be a plastic rivet in that case:

http://www.comdir.co.uk/Products.aspx/24432/PlasticRivets/PlasticRivets-R-Loks/

If so, may well not be re-useable so could be drilled out and replaced by any number of suitably sized trim clips that are available.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links