Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driver's Seatbelt Removal

alanwjones

Hi Guys ,

I'm having to replace the driver's side seat belt on my wife's mk2 Rav due to fraying round where it rests through the retaining bracket at the top , The belt is the Airbag type model 7L7080-P

Other than disconnecting the Battery for a few hours before changeover is there anything else I should be aware or look out for ? Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. Alan.

Welcome to the club.

Not sure what you mean by airbag type but it will have a pre-tensioner on the anchor side. You don't need to touch that so look at the attached and you will be OK;

seat belts.pdf

Thanks for the help there Don, That's a very handy pdf file, I wasn't confident at all as to where everything was, Now I know, Just waiting for the new unit to arrive, As to the "airbag type" it was just written on the white label on the old belt and I wasn't sure if it had any significance as to how careful I should go at dismantling things with the airbag connections. Alan.

OK now I understand. Some do have the pre-tensioner in the recoil mechanism so you will have to see what comes. Disconnect the Battery and have a brew (although I understand from our electronics guru it is much less). You will find the wires when you remove the trim.

Job done, everything seems to be working fine ! can I trouble you once more, the trip meter on the radio has reverted to litres, kph, any pointer as to returning it to mph.please. A.

Comes up loads of times. Somebody will assist soon.

After a lot of searching finally found it, Thanks for the help. A.

You should ask your wife to refrain from chewing the belt Alan. Cheaper to adopt road rage tactics and shout and swear instead.

I removed the seat belt on nummer wan RAV recently as I didn't need it, but it was still in good condition.

However we have had to replace 3 belts on our Ford Transits so we now attempt to employ drivers who wear plastic false teeth.

:) I think it was down to the previous drover 5' nothing using that plastic guide thingy to bring the belt nearer to him !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links