Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tick Over Problem

Rooftop

Hi all just had the Battery off to recharge it and when I run the rav now the tick over drops to 4-500 revs . Is this a job for toyota or have I neglected something when refitting Battery any idea,s welcome! the cars a petrol auto and it had no problem before this thanks

Iirc the ecu has to relearn, have a search on the forum for more details, but I think you need to take it on a run utilising a good lot of different driving conditions.

Gus

Thanks will do that have been a short drive 25mile but still did it on return I know what your saying though, although I would have thought there would be a minimum sett tick over not related to ecu drive,s fine other wise I'll keep it rolling around and see if it doe,s the trick thamks

As gust says it does this. Normally clears after a bit of mixed running.

Thanks for the advice and true enough just had a run with a few stop starts and after one stall at junction all returned to normal thanks again andy

I've just had the Battery replaced on my 2.0 petrol and it was exactly the same. The idle was too low and the performance felt a bit blunted. It all sorts itself out after 60 miles or so. Nothing to worry about..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links