Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intermitant Limp Mode Fault Code P1250

Nigebob Squarepants

Removed the blanking plate last week from the EGR… and have just had all the filters replaced and an oil change… the old chestnut of limp mode has reared its head yet again! Twice today.

I’ve searched a number of forums and seen this fault is popular but never really seen a conclusive fix.

Saw this quote below:

“Had a coule of d4d with that fault code turned out to be spill controll valve on diesel pump about a hundred quid from denso“

what is a spill control valve, anyone?

or does he mean SCV!

Another one was…

“Real weird one this was.. It turned out to be the waterpump had been leaking over serious time, but there wasnt coolant leaking to the floor, after stripping down the timing belt covers mounting etc, I'd found that the red antifreeze had become like a crust underneath the pump pulley and had over time ran down and completey encased the crankshaft pickup sensor (which is picked up from the bottom timing belt pulley) Alls I can say is that it must of been intermittantly interfering with the CPS..

I replaced the waterpump which i must say is a big thing, the back plate of the water pump also carrys the fuel injection pump, The fuel pump bolts to the backside of the water pump!! ”

(Mark@woolston)

getting a bit p…sd off with this now!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links