Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bit Of A Rum Colour ?

CharlieFarlie

Nice mileage.. 61 plate..Which is nice.. Spec looks good to me....

Just cant think I have ever seen a Rav in this colour before ? Opinions ?

Notice how far up the handbrake lever is in one of the interior pictures...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201310119225795/sort/default/usedcars/transmission/automatic/fuel-type/diesel/model/rav4/make/toyota/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/100/page/3/postcode/wr102pa?logcode=p

• Like 1

Quite like that colour actually. Looks more grey then the name "cappuccino" would suggest (expecting a browny colour)

Handbrake sure is high!!

It's light cappuccino, not unpleasant IMHO, there's one local to me, same model, it looks nice in the flesh. It's a nice Rav is that particular one Charlie, nice mileage too.

Thing is Paul every time I go over 20K I start to think new model ..

The one in your link is distinguished as one of the last ones by its wheels which are very nice and the same as Kevins unless I'm confused..

I'm passing the Worcestershire Dealers tomorrow so will call in to see if they have any cars in the Toyota range there in that particular colour so I can see it in the flesh so to speak..

If I dont get a car at 20 or under I will just carry on what Im doing now and save up for a new or nearly new Invincible.....

Thing is Paul every time I go over 20K I start to think new model ..

The one in your link is distinguished as one of the last ones by its wheels which are very nice and the same as Kevins unless I'm confused..

I'm passing the Worcestershire Dealers tomorrow so will call in to see if they have any cars in the Toyota range there in that particular colour so I can see it in the flesh so to speak..

If I dont get a car at 20 or under I will just carry on what Im doing now and save up for a new or nearly new Invincible.....

I understand your reasoning Charlie. I think the runout SR's with later wheels and style pack are a really good looking car, dare I say the best looking Rav so far ! You never know, you might get a great deal on a late model SR. IMHO such models will be sought after in future second hand markets, extinct run flats and engine issues make a seriously good car.

• Like 1

The wife's 2012 Rav is that capuccino colour..seen in the flesh really looks quite impressive,I like it more than I'd expected.

My wife has previously commented that she really likes that colour RAV. Not sure if I have seen one myself.

It sure is difficult deciding how much to spend on a RAV....if I bought a new or nearly new one my wife says I would probably get very stressed as it gained scuff marks inside and out..whereas if I spend less then I am more laid back! I think I want a 4.4 petrol CVT but a bit older than any are so far! Our 2007 RAV is in tip top condition so I am reluctant to change at present.

David

In the brochure, that caccupino looked woeful. Another Scottish guy had ordered one at same time as me, and it was on show when I went to pick up mine. First I had seen it in the metal, and it really grew on me quite surprisingly, albeit it was a lowly model like an XTR.....lol......and the plainer alloys did it no justice.

In the brochure, that caccupino looked woeful. Another Scottish guy had ordered one at same time as me, and it was on show when I went to pick up mine. First I had seen it in the metal, and it really grew on me quite surprisingly, albeit it was a lowly model like an XTR.....lol......and the plainer alloys did it no justice.

Badge Snob !………………Must agree though……. I was restricted to 'lowly' XTR models as Mrs Denshaw can't manage an automatic for driving the six miles a year she uses thing.

Seen that colour in the flesh when I was looking for a lower model XTR and really liked it.

Re the handbrake, mine also sits quite high, as does every other one I looked at.

On a different note, chap at work has been looking for a Rav, as we expected they are

Selling like hot cakes due to impending winter weather but there still seems to be a lot

Of Dcat autos still available in both XTR and SR trim.

As per BK... IMO it wasn't the best picture in the brochure.. it does seem better to see the colour for real...

But there is one near me, and it looks really nice..

Don't see many that colour about..

As per BK... IMO it wasn't the best picture in the brochure.. it does seem better to see the colour for real...

Deep titanium is another colour which is rarely seen yet is a great colour for a Rav imho.

Deep titanium is another colour which is rarely seen yet is a great colour for a Rav imho.

That was the colour I was going to order, but changed to the red at the last moment..

I liked that "flip" colour that one of Dons old RAVs had (don't remember what it was called :( )

That cappuccino one is on the money I think. It is about £500 more and 20,000 miles less then my old RAV was valued at by the insurers as a total loss stolen vehicle, and insurers are not generally known for their generosity ;)

It was Tidal Blue Hoov, my most favourite ever colour.

I would have ordered the cappy chino colour Charlie but I had the last SR without style kit in the country and I had Hobson's choice on the colour (which I don't dislike at all).

The handbrake does come up high very quickly after new which seems to be in the cable. I adjusted the shoes on my handbrake but they hardly moved hence the cable. It is 5 minutes to adjust and I will show you by way of photos at weekend as a certain gigantic scot needs his done too.

Just a reminder of Tidal Blue;

post-30983-0-05769700-1383861864_thumb.j

• Like 1

scot should have a capital "S" please.......just wait 'til we get independence.........anybody needing 0w30 oil pays extra........

• Like 2

By the time you get independence, all this drilling in my back garden will have paid off. So far only spring water and pure natural gas peeing out all over the place which of course have no value but I will get to 0W/30 fully synthetic, don't you worry Scotty.

• Like 2

I saw a Rav in the Cappu colour when I went to have a test drive in mine . . . Frankly I thought it was bloomin' awful . . . Although it would most certainly hide the road dirt better than my Astral Black :(

That was the colour I was going to order, but changed to the red at the last moment..

Lucky escape there, Liz........washed a new member's that colour last week........ "Swirlies are Us" springs to mind, to the extent I found myself instructing he wash it IN STRAIGHT LINES to avoid further swirlification. (OCD or what.......?) If ever a car cries oot for Charlie's Rotary machine.......my DA polisher would take an eternity. Gorgeous when doned though..............

I tried to check out that Reg number on the RAV in post 1 Charlie, it's not on the Toyota system, must have had a private plate or other number on it previously (I'm nosey and wanted to look up the history)

Nose King :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Cheers John... On reflection my thoughts are why settle for colour that was/is not my first choice... I really really do like the white ones and I think I can add to the pearlecent paint with a deep polish to highlight the metal-flakes and ingredients they put in the paint.. Truth is its with enthusiasm I would be polishing one !

For the first time ever I'm looking at a four to five year ownership period so I shouldn't be making compromises that I may sooner or later wish I hadn't...

• Like 1

My 4 penneth, I really like the colour Charlie, and it is definitely a little unusual. Better than silver, and the titanium also sounds nice. yes, over 20 grand and you think new, but then there is still the depreciation issue.

Ainsley I think all ages of the Rav will depreciate and sadly maybe the newer cars will percentage wise loose a wee but more.. But the difference between a brand new 4.4 and one of the very latest 4.3s is actually not that great.... Nowhere near in fact as wide a bridge as when the first 4.4s were arriving at the dealers with near 30K price tags...

On another thread hear 4.4 Invincibles are not far north of 25K where a very late runout model year 2012 is going to be 22K or slightly over for a very low miles one ..

I think I will stick to plan A and look for one of those 4.3s as late and as low a mileage as I can get.. My T180 is going like train now and with winter upon us if I don't find that illusive 4.3 it will allow a few more quid to be saved and I may just end up with a brand new Invincible...

Still rate the SR 4.3 as the best looking Rav4 to date mind !

...........and to top it all, there was talk recently of a bloody facelift model with a Lego engine in it. WTF will that do to residuals of 4.4 models whose DPF's haven't even got soot on them yet......? In recent innocent conversation at Mr.T, I was left in no doubt the 4.4 at this particular branch was not breaking any sales records.

IMHO, the delay in launching the new model (remember that......?) has had the effect of folks going elsewhere, or like me and others, snapping up the "should be fixed" 4.3.5 ones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links