Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Now A Side Light Has Broken!

dwilson

I feel as if I am building my RAV from spare parts. Now the front side light has broken! I know it is only a small part that could fail on any car but I am regretting saying our RAV was in tip top condition!

Perhaps I should trade it for a new/newer one!!

This last week I have replaced the wipers, rubber trim on the roof and now a bulb and at the end of August it was the middle section of the exhaust.

I will probably be writing next week about the Battery!!!

David

All things that just wear out David... Cars will break and can mate cost a whole heap more than the parts you've listed above...

Changing to a new or nearly new car is my plan but I will still be expecting expenditure.. Motoring Im afraid mate....

I have a habit of getting cars absolutely tip top the selling them . Couple of my mates have commented they would love to buy my old cars !

• Like 1

All things that just wear out David... Cars will break and can mate cost a whole heap more than the parts you've listed above...

Changing to a new or nearly new car is my plan but I will still be expecting expenditure.. Motoring Im afraid mate....

I have a habit of getting cars absolutely tip top the selling them . Couple of my mates have commented they would love to buy my old cars !

I know compared with many things that can go wrong these are all minor but I am beginning to wonder whether lots more is about to go! I guess I have been very fortunate to have cars that were newer in the past...but then depreciation was a killer!

I too have sold many cars in prime condition which would make great buys for the next owner! I think the only one I sold with problem was my Subaru Legacy SpecB which had a radio/CD/sat nav head problem, and I told the dealer about that so had a clear conscience. In fact I think I made a mistake with that one as it was an expensive car that I let go for a pittance - mind you the running costs of superunleaded petrol, £400+ RFL, expensive tyres that wore down quickly aren't missed.

BTW my brother in law has just traded his 3.0 XF for another one - he loves it. He has chilled as well as heated seats and a stereo that is mega-powerful!

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

David My XF has those cooled as well as heated seats.. Nice but the cooling is a gimmick to be honest..

HiFi system in my one is not the top of the range but not bottom either.. It has 320 watts RMS Power (whatever that means) and instead of a spare wheel has a blooming great big sub woofer with a space saver spare sat over the top of it... Sound is AWEsome.. Yet there is a Meridian 850 Watt set up on the options list...

How I wish my Rav4 had a stereo like in the XF...

Confession... I love Catherine Jenkins.. Her music/singing is IMO just fabulous. In the Rav is.... Well its ok but in the Jag...... AWEsome..

I guess its fortunate we cant see what is about to go next on our cars. Ravs or otherwise..

This year I have done.

Front brakes. Discs and pads all genuine Toyota.

Exhaust. Again genuine Toyota

Glowplugs...

Wipers this week but only cos Don pointed out how silent the Denso ones are.. And they are !

Battery. Again this week but under warranty.

Replaced the dead Sat nav HiFi but with the HUGE help from Forum members.

Plus the usual servicing and maintenance hat every car will demand.. Yes its expensive and I do suffer from OCD when it comes to selecting parts going high quality or genuine parts only but thats the way I am with cars even if I'm planning on changing soon..

But I think every now and then we have a handfull of jobs to do that all seem to come together. Maybe the shock for us Toyota owners is that ANY thing goes wrong as often it seems not a lot at all goes wrong on these cars...

Then its likely the cars will slog on for another couple of years before things wear out...

• Like 1

These are things that go on any car, it's just if you have a run of them together it seems worse than it is. Any well maintained Rav will keep "slogging on" indefinitely. Bought mine at three years old and had it for three years. Planning on keeping it another ten at least!!

BTW RMS is "Route-Mean-Squared" roughly translated as "average". Usually applied to a sine wave, e.g. a value that goes up and down. Your "240" volt electricity at home is the RMS value.

Sparky Dave

• Like 1

You did right fitting the genuine exhaust regardless of the expense. The DNPR and the sensors that initiate the purging process are heavily dependant on the right back pressure to operate the switches. I couldn't do with booming or resonating either.

Its time Kingo got a grip of TGB and stocked us some bulk purchase exhausts for the club. They should be about £300 which would allow a decent profit. The minute somebody else start making them they will sell zero at that price.

• Like 1

Totally OTT........can't just lay the blame at ma mate Kin.......ach, gubberit........Kingo, get yer finger oot.....

You did right fitting the genuine exhaust regardless of the expense. The DNPR and the sensors that initiate the purging process are heavily dependant on the right back pressure to operate the switches. I couldn't do with booming or resonating either.

Its time Kingo got a grip of TGB and stocked us some bulk purchase exhausts for the club. They should be about £300 which would allow a decent profit. The minute somebody else start making them they will sell zero at that price.

Good information and something that was hinted at by the service guy at Toyota.... In the last year the question of fitting a stainless replacement has come up... Some have fitted them while a couple of others have gone for a genuine part....

It has also been questioned why the aftermarket manufacturer's have not started production and I wonder if they are aware that unless the back pressure is spot on problems and expensive problems at that may occur...

I think when new prospective members ask of common problems with say 2006/2007 cars we should mention the exhaust.. After all 1100 quid retail is quite some amount !

Aye......Toyota's next business venture.....? Electricity generation, selling it on to a third party called Oytota, so they can submit amended accounts and never really reveal they are bobbing rastards.......

Oh well.....here ah go.......off t'detailing Section.......

Aye......Toyota's next business venture.....? Electricity generation, selling it on to a third party called Oytota, so they can submit amended accounts and never really reveal they are bobbing rastards.......

Oh well.....here ah go.......off t'Detailing Section.......

Hope not, BK. That's my business - but not the bobbing rastards bit!

• Like 1

All enquiries to:

Mr Toyota

Toyota GB

Englandshire

I have long since stopped justifying Toyota's pricing policy, it can sometimes change with great frequency, about 240 RMS ;) (see what I did there eh eh?)

Kingo :thumbsup:

All enquiries to:

Mr Toyota

Toyota GB

Englandshire

I have long since stopped justifying Toyota's pricing policy, it can sometimes change with great frequency, about 240 RMS ;) (see what I did there eh eh?)

Actually, PK, it's "Mr Toyoda". As one of his minnions, I thought you'd know that........

All enquiries to:

Mr Toyota

Toyota GB

Englandshire

Actually, PK, it's "Mr Toyoda". As one of his minnions, I thought you'd know that........

Ah So! (in a Chinese accent)

As I once said to a lot of Seagulls (In a Chinese accent) You flock off! :D: :D: :D:

Oh well.....here ah go.......off t'Detailing Section.......

Hope not, BK. That's my business - but not the bobbing rastards bit!

Came as a shock, Jim........what.....?

As I once said to a lot of Seagulls (In a Chinese accent) You flock off! :D: :D: :D:

Xie xie, Oh Parts Master.

It must be a bad connection - the limelight has come back on before I could look at it. My tablet has changed sidelight to limelight....maybe this post will be moved now!

David

Have you checked for moisture in the housing David? Also check that the connector and seals are fully home. Cheap fix anyhow.

Have you checked for moisture in the housing David? Also check that the connector and seals are fully home. Cheap fix anyhow.

Thanks David. It could be moisture, I will try to see. I left it the other day due to excessive rain!

I had the same thing (intermittent fault) on the nearside of the car and got the dealer to change it - I think they said they had come across this before and a new bulb would seat better. Can't remember the exact details but I have had no trouble with that bulb since.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links