Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

Maximum Paseo

The Valve from the EFI to the engine block broke.I Have a Gen 1 Seo. The vlave is r-shaped with a black hose going to the center of the EFI.

Replace it. It will cost about US$ 15.00. Its the PCV valve.

Andrew

Replace the rubber Grommet it lives in too. They harden and leak. It's only a couple of Bucks.

Rich

The PCV valve contains a spring loaded ball bearing and is designed to regulate the internal pressure of the engine. If the internal pressure gets too high the excess pressure is ducted out of the engine and is drawn into the combustion chamber, where any excess oil is burnt and everything evactuated via exhaust.

Just in case you need them..

Part Numbers.

Grommet ..........90480-18006

Valve................12204-10030

:thumbsup:

These seem to be common across a few Toyota's so the dealer shouldn't have a problem getting them.

Rich

Your dealer can confirm the part number. The number I gave you was on the bag that my new one came in. It may be a revised/superceded/cross referenced number and not the one listed on the spare parts CD (haven't checked).

It's definitely the right one for my engine though (5E-FHE).

Eitherway, if you go to the dealer., just get him to call up the diagram on screen and point it out to him. That's all I did.

Rich

Replace the rubber Grommet it lives in too.

So Ill have to take off my Rocker Cover then...damn.And shouldn't it come with the PCV valve.

Not necessarily. It's a taper fit type of grommet. you SHOULD be able to pry it up without removing the cover.

However, when I took the one off my spare cover it had hardened to the point that it crumbled and came out in a dozen pieces. If this happens to you then it's 'cover off to get the debris cleaned out'. :(

Rich

...and then you can polish it up as well...

ill have my dad help me then....he is a better mechanic than me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links