Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

58812 Stereo Question

RandomGuy

Hi All,

My 58812 stereo is not working and I want to replace it with an after market Sony single DIN unit.

I want to retain the steering wheel controls, but the adaptor I have found apparently does not work with

the Panasonic Version of the stereo.

Is the 58812 a Panasonic unit? Can I tell without removing it?

Thanks,

Bob

The 58812 is a Panasonic unit. To use a Sony unit you'll need a connector adaptor with an interface module in order to use the steering wheel controls. Around £25 from a car audio outlet or eBay.

Thanks gjnorthall,

that's very helpful. Found one from Nexxia, but it specifically excludes Panasonic. Guess I'll have to keep looking.

Bob :eek:

Why not fix or replace the quite good 58812, Bob? The next limiting factor of the Toyota fitted system is the average Speakers, so spending megabucks on the source component may backfire on ye.

Low lie the fields......

What you're looking for is an adapter + interface to fit a Rav4 - not Panasonic - it's the Rav4 connector that's relevant. As Big Kev says - you might think about getting the original unit repaired - they're pretty decent - as reflected by the 2nd hand prices that the units fetch.

.............and there is a company over here, on eBay too, who fixes them (not cheap) but wife's main processor done exactly two years ago on her 58812......worked perfectly since Bob.

Theres an excellent company in Edinburgh that do mail order repairs - I've used them for many years for a variety of repairs - Sound and Vision Services (SVS) - Google for their website.

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys. I want to upgrade to bluetooth and this seems the cheapest and easiest option. My cd player won't read any cd's and I'm reluctant to spend a lot of money on a stereo thats 9 years old.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links