Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Consumption Auris Sport, Is This Normal?

Creosote

I calculate this as 46.87 mpg. Were these brim-to-brim figures - if not, not the most accurate.

I also calculate the discrepancy between your calculated mileage and the display as being 11.5%.

Your profile shows it is a 2014 model, so really needs at least 4000 miles under its belt before it will begin to get near to its optimal consumption.

Very true Mike, engines do tend to 'loosen-up' in the first few thousand miles. So I'd expect MPG to improve with time & similar use.

Yep, brim to brim. To be 11% out between the tank actual and the read out would mean needing to fit in another 4 litres in the tank - practically a whole gallon extra.

Still, the digital read out is starting to creep up, so hopefully real world is creeping up as well. Will keep monitoring for the next couple of fills, and if there is a discrepancy in 'brim' between fills, doings brim to brim every time and logging total fuel used rather than just that individual fill should mean any discrepancy in 'brim' point becomes negligible.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the car for almost 1 and a half year now, and the best one i got so far is 45.7 mpg covering at least 400 miles of motorway.this is base on the dashboard, not brim to brim. And with a steady right foot,which is hard to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links