Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

YARIS T SPORT OWNERS

jerry phipps

I must admit It does look very nice, I sat in one at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed. It had Toyota Sport on the seats with half red and Black interior 16in wheels, big rear wing, and beefed up body kit. Was not over keen on the new wheel design much though.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-Johnson

• sholao

• tim220171

• sup

I've had my blue yaris T-Sport from new for 18Months and have experienced the following.

1. Slight buzzing/rattle from the air vent next to the dash pod.

2. Spoiler alignment (Currently being replaced under warranty)

3. Serious fun

4. Serious Fun

5. would definitely not buy a mini cooper after the problems my mate had.

Could not be happier & will be looking at the T-Sport T next October, yippee!!!

Had mine 18 months (import), no problems at all, no rattles, squeaks, nothing! Made in Japan, are tsports now being screwed up by the french, or what?!

After getting so Pi**ed of with a few really small rattles and squeaks I took my car up to my local dealer. What a top bunch of guys, the rattle in the rear is sorted after greasing the boot hinges and they also told me that about the rattle in the drivers door how the regulator gets pushed against the door when the window goes up, that why when you drop the window a little it stops pushing the regulator to the door therefore no rattle, so a bit of padding and that noise will be no more too. Also there is a common little vibration noise that comes from the back of the Speedo pod they are going to sort that as well, along with a new set of gas struts for the boot as they are not pushing the boot up all the way. When that’s all done next weekend I will be very happy.

Also I am going to order the booster twin exhaust box with the twin pipes either side of the bumper, anyone who knows what I am banging on about, do you think the rear part of the body kit that mould’s around the two rear pipes would look silly with out the rest of the kit, just with out this part you can see that one of the pipes does not have a silencer and might look a bit Mickey Mouse.

Nick

I would be really interested to know if you get the buzzing from the spedo pod sorted, i get the same noise, which varies depending on the position of the air inlet selector.

i had that noise....and as a toyota technician i fixed it, but i hear you ask how...i wish i knew! i left it untill i had 5 mins and it went! i know by saying this it will bug me all the way to work now but i think its a braket or somthing behind the dash, i belive i disturbed it when i fixed my origanal fault of sticking needle (speedo).

Sometimes i think it's better to just leave an intermittent rattle, removing all the dash will just unearth more rattles & squeaks.

Just picked my t-sport up from the bodyshop after having the spoiller re- aligned & paintwork touched up.

I had been putting it off for ages SAVO, but the silly thing is when you buy a new car you dont just buy the car you buy the aftercare to. Mind you it only lasts three years so it is best to make the most of it. Just call them during the week and pop it in Saturday morning. :D

Cant get over the fact there was not a single post on the T-Sport forum over the weekend!!! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, looking thru this disscussion, i have noticed a few of you having rattling problems. i have owned 3 Yaris's in the space of 3 1/2 years. Started with the 1.0 then fell in love with the SR then could not live without the T Sport. All 3 had problems and the amount of times i have been back to my dealer is silly. Each time they claim to have padded out the doors. Currently the door rattle has gone but i seem to have a dash one now - does it ever end!!

As for the drive i love it so much. i think it funny when some 2.0 and even 2.5 BM's find it hard to leave me, in fact i can beat them!! When i bought it new i had the HKS Exhaust and Induc kit fitted, nxt on my wish list is the super charge kit

T SPORTY - BUY IT - looks cool drives fast:P

• 1 year later...

Hi Im a brit living in Spain .

Bought my Black T sPort in July 2003 from my local dealer in Fuengirola

Great service off them and the car is great . no squeeks or rattles yet . I think that for the sizze of the car and bhp it really performs well . The styling inside and out is different but still cool . There arent many t sports down on the coast here , in fact Ive seen 1 other black one ( 2001 ) model and a blue one . Must admit I might have held out for the turbo if they had brought it out earlier . A bit sceptical about 150 bhp though as I think that the t sport is just about right as it is . OK a few minor mods to push it up to 115 - 120 would be perfect just to give it a bit more up hills and a toutch on the top speed . I know that the turbo has bigger tyres ( 195 , 16ins ) and better suspension . I was thinking about doing the same to my t sport as it needs it on a high speed corner at times. It can get a bit floaty at higher speeds which is why I think 150 would be a bit much. It would still be good though to try it out .

To the person who wants the cooper mini ? No dont do it . The cooper is more expensive and to get a good level of eqipment on it , they are extras ( dont quote me on all this as I only know from my cousin who is getting his in June ) The Yaris is better value overall . Size wise the cooper is quite big inside . the wide track should give it great handling which shoud compensate for those skinny tyres on it . If you really want the mini Id save up a bit longer and go for the full cooper S

wow!

talk about resurecting an old thread!

hi all - bit late , lol

i have a t-sport just spent 5,000 doing her up ( i fill a bit guilty, have to take the wife for a meal to make up for it --still i did ok out of it.-- :thumbsup:

T Sports are stonking little motors!

Nice to have someting a bit different from all the usual hot hatches out there. Plus Jap reliability is worth a million when you don't have to turn the key thinking 'will it start this morning?...'

:thumbsup:

T Sports are stonking little motors!

Nice to have someting a bit different from all the usual hot hatches out there. Plus Jap reliability is worth a million when you don't have to turn the key thinking 'will it start this morning?...'

:thumbsup:

Indeed :D

However, I have already smoked one engine... but it was rather my fault than the car's :P Hadn't enough oil in it and that's gotta hurt :D Toyota payed the full repair costs anyway... so I was kinda lucky with that :D

Aussie T Sports are called Sportivos

and I have a 4 dr version

SUP ?

Hey dont feel guilty about spending the money on the car . Its worth it as it will add value to the car and you will feel that warm , proud feeling inside when you drive past in it and every one stops to stare Blah Blah Blah !!

Tell your wife this , convince her it is all for the best LOL

ps no offence bud .

PPs .. I waive all responsibility for any action taken by such parties that would lead to bodily harm or financial damages . No court of law shall award compensation Blah Blah...... LOL :lol::thumbsup: :D :D :lol::lol::lol:

gerard

are Yaris tsports ( echo sportivos ) popular in Australia ?

do you get a fair mix of Jap/European cars and USA cars ? Ive seen that the USA style of cars seem popular . Youve got lots of space and wide roads and motorways there , dont you.

lol thanx tim i give it a go ( if you dont hear from me i all went pete tong)

any one heading to dublin for the heatwave2004 show?

im hoping to be in it ive sent the app all i have to do is wait( fingers crossed ) :hokus-pokus:

are Yaris tsports ( echo sportivos ) popular in Australia ?

do you get a fair mix of Jap/European cars and USA cars ? Ive seen that the USA style of cars seem popular . Youve got lots of space and wide roads and motorways there , dont you.

Don't see many Sportivos here though 1.3 versions are plentiful and they continue to enjoy strong sales(mainly due to Toyota discount them)

popular cars in Aus are mainly the local Holden commodore ( you should see the Holden GTS and Vauxhall Monaro in UK) and the Ford Falcon. Japanese cars are very popular also due to cost and practical considerations. US cars are not popular as they are expensive to own and maintain. also steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Lots of wide open space here but just as many are policed by "safet cameras" with stupid 3% speedo tolerance rules.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links