Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Frequencies

mad_for_celicas

:blink: I am aware that the radios of imported japanese cars work on a different band of frequencies to UK spec radios. A friend told me that you can get "expanders" but that these are rarely any good and only radio stations with a very strong signal can be picked up.

Is this true? What are the alternatives? A whole new radio system?

Yeah the selections are very sp****, you might get radio 2 on Fm and Virgin on medium, now that is quite listenable most of the time, probably why they will never get an FM licence, makes radio 1 pale in to insignificance.

I would just get another unit, you can pick up half reasonable sony units for about 110 with cd player. Pity really 'cos my radio cassette is much better than the normal every day rubbish you see but if it don't work..... :arrgg-matey:

My frequency shifter is OK. Does the job etc. The display on the tuner still reads the old (unshifted ) frequency, but it's just a case of Adding 18 to it.

If you want to keep the original head unit, then you'll need one of these. They only cost about a tenner and are really easy to fit.......it's a lot cheaper than a new head unit.

Rich

;) doesn't that do your head in though, always having to add 18?? And i live in West Wales where the signal is not very strong at the best of times. Basically i struggle to find the BBC radio stations. Does that mean i'll never get a signal? :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links