Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Fuel Gauge Bars!

Burfboy

Hi all, can anyone tell me how miles I need to drive before fuel gauge bars start to go out please,

heard the gauge is not linear? or have I got a dodgy sender unit?

Only asking has I filled tank and have driven 90 miles without losing a bar!

thanks

Brim full and with very careful driving and I can get nearly 160 miles before the first one goes out. Typically around 130 to 150.

Along with other Toyota models, the bar type fuel gauge that the Auris has is non-linear. The first bar does take a long time to extinguish, and as far as I'm aware the range on the trip computer is partly governed by the driving style the ECU picks up. Once the first couple of bars are out the remaining bars do extinguish far quicker.

Yes, around 100 miles on the first bar is pretty normal. The last 2 however, go much quicker !

I filled up last Wednesday, and today at 149 miles on the trip counter, the first bar went out, after a couple of minutes it re-illuminated again finally going out permanently at around 153 miles.

My best is 186 miles before the first block drops.... But that's 98% motorway driving at 55mph....Boring I know, but I just wanted to know what I could get.....

I get from lands end to sound western supermare before losing the first bar that's about 150 miles up and down hills and out of Cornwall and on the motorway ... I get from Derby to Exeter at 60 mph before losing the top bar that's 207 miles from my door to Exeter services but I don't have sitcom on and sit at 60 on cruise control

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Thanks for the replies, sure enough lost first bar at around 110 miles, never really noticed this on my first auris has I never really filled it right up, again thanks.

I get from lands end to sound western supermare before losing the first bar that's about 150 miles up and down hills and out of Cornwall and on the motorway ... I get from Derby to Exeter at 60 mph before losing the top bar that's 207 miles from my door to Exeter services but I don't have anything on and sit at 60 on cruise control

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links