Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Built In Sat-Nav

Markbear37

Been hunting around on the web for a in car sat-nav for my IQ.

when i was looking around for a IQ, i did spot a IQ with a built in sat-nav,

and thought it looked quite smart.

but cant seem to fine were you'd get one from.

Anyone got any answers?

Mark.

Over here, the Toyota system stopped offering "built-in" satellite navigation/sound systems of the "traditional" type at just the point that we opted to buy one. Instead, the only option offered was the horrid "bespoke" system that required your smart phone to function, and did very little when it did.

I tried to order a Toyota system similar to that in our xB, only to be told by the dealer from which the car was purchased that they could not sell it to me as a part. What? Nonetheless, their parts department was adamant and refused to sell me the system that they still had available.

I ended up ordering the system from a dealer in another county, one that didn't have records on our car purchase, and then having it installed at the local Car Toys franchise. It works just fine, with everything fully integrated save only the traffic congestion option.

The installer said that all of the hookup points for the Toyota system were there for the asking. Just why Toyota and Scion decided to go with the stupid bespoke system and categorically refuse to offer the previous system (even though it was still listed in the 2013 options catalog) is beyond my ken.

Hi Mark

I see your in the UK. I know a lot about the integrated satnav system available in the IQ as i have done lots of modifications to them to male it accept video etc. The original is a model called TNS510 later replaced with a TNS350. The first one has a single CD player and USB. A IPod kit has to be bought separately if requited. It has bluetooth for phone and ipod etc with limited functions but works well. The satnav part has a European map but does not shop road speeds or Traffic camera's. the TNS350 has no CD but has road speed and traffic cameras. The units can be bought from Toyota but are £1500. You can see them on eBay for around £400 but it doesnt stop there as you then have to buy the top cover which id in 4 separate sections screwed together also a mic and cables to integrate the wiring loom etc adding an extra up to £700 on your eBay purchase and you would have to fit it your self which with guidance is easy. Hope that helps

David

• Like 2

I was going to go the satnav/music console option until I found out I had a lemon of a vehicle. That's a point, instead of "Orange Fire" on my Fuelly.com account, perhaps instead I should rename it "Orange Lemon". In fact I will....

I imagine people think I'm bitter. You're right, I'm Bitter Lemon

I'm putting very little back into a "frugal" car that only does 30mpg in town (take note Toyota HQ), so have opted for the "navfree" app on my android phone. Works brilliantly and cost me about £1.50 for an otherwise free app but without the adverts.

• Like 1

Just for info,

the 2013-14 update of the SD card for my TNS 510 costed me 40 € (33.50£)

Is it the same price for a TNS350 ?

Christophe

How did you get your update as in the UK you have to buy another SD card at £136!!

There is a person who you send your card to who will update it for £45

David

I dealed with a software engineer in Budapest.

All I did is sending few files from my SD card.

He does not modify the copy-protection. He just adapts those files so that they work with the latest map.

I paid him £33.50 by Paypal. One hour later I received the files that I copied on my card, et voila... :-)

Several mates on the French forum did the same thing : This guy is quick and serious.

Of course it only works when you own a genuine (working) SD card. The copy-protection remains the same...

The beauty is that he can also reduce the european map to 2/3 countries, so that it fits on 2009 2 Go SD cards.

(new european maps require a 4 Gb card).

Christophe

Yes mine is a 4G card the encryption is using the CID which is ROM'ed into the card when its manufactured and its this 16Bit hex decimal code which is used encrypt the data. I have changed the serial number in SD cards and you can read the CID but not change it. Can you email me the contact please Christophe

David

David,

I just sent you a mail with the contact information.

Christophe

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I have just joined as a member and this is my first thread Have just brought a 2012 automatic iq 3 from a dealer. It has leather but I wanted sat nav as well. I have purchased a tns350 from someone on e bay for £400 and have ordered the rest of the trims and shrouds and wiring from Toyota which came to £600 I pick the car up on saturday and I am also going to fit front and rear parking sensors and heated pads for the leather seats. I will keep everyone posted as to how I get on with the modifications

Jason

Hi Jason

Welcome to the forum

I know a lot about the the Tns350 and 510 so if you have any questions jus t ask or Pm me

David

Thanks mate

Got all the shrouds from Toyota today they duplicTed some parts but they will take them back. A couple of questions if you would be so kind. The first is I have ordered a loom that I was told to get through the instructions which looks to have 3 scotch lock type end on them. Ivan work it out but do you know what the functuality of the loom is. Also a small loom which looks like the aerial plugs in to with two connectors one which goes in to the loom the other looks like a fibre optic plug going in to the back of the sat nav. Finally am I to assume the steering wheel loom will plug straight on to the unit. I have also got the fly loom for the power source and Speakers it would seem. Many thanks. Jason

Hi Jason

First of all have you downloaded the Toyota install diagrams from here.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx

You should have a short lead to convert the radio aerial connection to go into the 350. You should have a grey plug with 3 lomg wires coming out of it. One of the wires is green coloured. The lead is to detect reverse hor blanking the screen for a reversing camera and to stop you watching video via bluetooth while the car is moving. There should be a group of cables with white plugs and sockets on tbe ends. This converts the wiring loom from a standard radio or tns 510 to a 350 install also the cable from the navigation button on the steering wheel is intergrated into this multi block. Did you get the mounting brackets and bolts

You should deffinitly down load the install sheets from the links first

David

Hi Dave. Yes I have got the white multiplig wiring loom with 2 connectors rather end. Also have the other loom with the grey connector and three wires with scotch locks on the other end. The guy that sold me the sat nav 350 unit also supped the dab connector wire with the box on the end and e mailed me the instalation instructions. Part of the grey multiply gloom seems to plug in to a contr unit. The illustration shows a heartsick in reverse so I guess this is for the reversing camera as my car is auto I wondered if the connectors on the control unit on the illustration would be the same. Toyota also supplied me with a which ute multiplying on ots own. It's looks like it would connect directly in to the female multiug of the aerial fly lead but until I strip it down I won't know

Jason

Hereford is a bit far for me of i would come and help you with the installation Couple of questions.did you get the map card with the 350? the module you got for the DAB unit , did you get the aerial with it, It seems unlikely as it requires a "stick On " aerial which goes at the top of the windscreen its not connected to the roof aerial. It has probably been left on the original donor car.

The Dash comes apart very easily requiring "grab and pull" only tool you need is a 10mm ratchet spanner. If you go to the link i sent you it fives it to you in pictures the disassemble and re-assemble of the whole thing along with instructions on a all the Toyota add ons

David

Hi David. Yes I got the nav card. Covers ip to 2013. He also sent the receiver aerial. It is a small box with a wire that looks like it plugs in to the back of the nav unit. The diagram looks like it sits behind the nav unit under the top cover. Is this the thing you mean should be fitted on the windscreen. I am also fitting front and rear parking sensors and heated front seats.

Jason

Looking at the diagram it looks like the square unit with the loom that is sitting behind the sat nav is for the sat nav only. Looked at a post for dab fitting and it showed a picture of an aerial that sticks to that square unit. If I was to purchase the aerial and run that block connector and wiring behind the a pillar would this double up as an aerial for the dab conversion and ALSo that sat nav?

No thats not what you can do. The Tns350 is one installation and the DAB unit is another installation. With the 350 the GPS receiver ( small black box with a thin wire coming from it) does fit under the dash cover behind the 350 on a flat area The DAB receiver is agan a small box and has a windscreen aerial and the cable goes up the side pillar. Pm me with a phone number and i will call you

David

• Like 1

Hi Dave. That would be realy helpful if you could. I am new to the forum so can you tell me how I can give you my number privately ?

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links