Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Push The Magic Black Button

sich1

hi all

my rav is a bit of a poor starter in the morning or anytime after 15 secs after stopping.
i have tried priming the fuel system using the black button on the filter. but reading up
most say pump till you cant press the button down anymore, the button pressure on mine never
changes in the amount of pressure you have to use to push the button nah.gif . odd? not sure.
fuel filter is blueprint 4 months old. scv valves may need changing also as odd hesitation sometimes.

if i stop and restart immediately it fires up almost instantly, leave it 10-15 secs and its 3-4 secs until fire up!

do i have air getting in somewhere?

do i need to replace a few pipes?

do i need a non return valve inline somewhere?

is there any test i can use to suss it oot?

If the priming button on the fuel filter does not firm up to the point where is requires significant effort to continue pressing then it sound like the diaphragm in the filter housing has failed and is allowing fuel to drain back to the tank. In normal operation you should never have to prime the filter unless you have fitted a new one.

The SCV on the 1CD are not known to cause poor starting but hesitation, surging and lack power are symptoms of a failing SCV, ultimately the valves will set a DTC code of 78/2 or 78/2( early model ) \and P0627 ( later models )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links