Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Juddering Brakes Misfiring Engine

tharootas

Right Avensis R reg 195000 miles on the clock and yes thats right one hundered and ninty five thousand miles, and guess what am taking through europe in the summer and yep i am nuts, well to drive that far!!! The cars fine. couple of hiccups firstly at

prob 1 :130 000 the enigne was misfiring bought some cheap sparks plugs leads still misfiring then bought dealer plug leads.............fine problem 1 sorted.

prob 2: 130 000 problem two grinding sound gear box got it reconditioned fine prob 2 sorted.

165000 miles grinding noise back, rear bearing 30 quid fitted 15 thata 45 quid sorted

180 000 miles a knocking at the back when going over bumps .. anti roll bar bushes £20 + £20 fitting

195 000 miles braked juddering tried new ones once fine for a couple a hundered then back to juddering now bought more expensive once lets see how it goes.

my uncle drive a merc e class he commented on how smooth and quiet the car and engine is and hes like that woman off the ad, you know the one that complains about every thing and gets in the car and is quiet get an oil every 5-6k

i love the car so much that am never gonna even try sell it cause i probably get told that its been clocked (milage pushed up)

wish me luck on the european tour, am taking a spare alternator cause that the only thing am worried about

and am only 22 and i hammer the car some what rotten have got 135mph out of it have been clock by the cops at 99mph on the same day

leathers boom boom sound system a/c power steering full electrics and it was £3k when i got it at 110k on the clock

all i want is a rear spoiler and front lip

tharootas@yahoo.com

I take it you have never owned a Japanese car before, to most people who have owned them and are used to them will realise that the major mechanicals are only just run in at this sort of mileage.

The trouble with the Avensis is that the mechanicals are fine, but the rest of the build can let them down on some of them.

But at 195k, well the engine should do that again. Regarding cheap plugs causing problems, do you have the 1.8 engine? I know they need proper plugs because the engine runs a bit hotter which cheap plugs cannot usually take.

judder could be front wheel bearings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links