Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Audio

Starlet Si

On a Starlet Si, I wondered what the two front standard Speakers had, what output watts are they? I know they can't give out higher than the player gives! :huh:

The player that came with it gives out 20W. lol <_<

I was wondering is it worth replacing, how big and how much? :eek:

Also planning on putting Speakers in the shelf mount, what would you recommend?

Im going to be sticking to the Sony brand. ;)

To save time, (I havn't looked yet), but where about is the connection point for putting in the rear Speakers? :help:

Good luck!! :D

That's all i can say, cos i have no idea what Speakers are good to recommend you. I have never tried Sony before, but in my mate's car the 6x9s sound alright powered up by the amp. :thumbsup:

I was planning getting 6x9's for the rear, but I have to get a lot smaller ones to replace the front ones. Just thought someone might have done this job before I do in mid-June or later. :unsure:

Yeah i have changed my front Speakers to JBLs the little ones and added tweeters at the side, but dont know what size they are. :blink: so cant help you there.

Hi Mate,

The only option I found was fitting Kikker 2 way Speakers (80watts) at the front the same size of the originals.

But I would prefer an other way round, put a set of tweeters in the wing mirror since the original sound is faced downwards so it does not sound so good,

Then Buy some rear Pioneer (accelerate) 400WPeak and sorry mate I had to wire the system but it's a 10min job.

If you need any help on how to wire the Speakers or dismantle something msg. me I’ve already dismantled half of the poor starlet and put them together again. ;)

in my glanza, i fitted sony w-plod 6x9's in my parcel shelf,which are connected directly into a sony x-plod amp in my boot which is connected to a vdo-2502 55w headset.

amp turned to about a third volume,with balance set to +6 on the rear(headset goes to +/- 9),so theres very litte sound comeing from the front standard Speakers but a wall of high quality sound comeing from the rear.

In the front there is a pair of 10cm (4") Speakers, it all depends on what you want from the system you are putting in. Set yourself a budget then let us know as what i would recommend would be allot of money but could find cheaper options.

Im going to be sticking to the Sony brand. ;)

oh dear i wouldnt go for sony's mate,just from experience!!!they are 4" in the front but you can fit 5 if you try hehe!

I don't get paid until the 18th June as I don't start to the 7th. I'll be making £170 (without overtime) but I also want to do other modz on the car too. :!Removed!:

Damn, I thougtht there might've been like a connection type junction box at the back. :ffs:

Where abouts did you take the wiring, Xon? :)

Just as a rough idea. :bookworm:

(As I said earlier so won't get it done until mid-June or later : but I will bump up this topic again if I have any trouble) :thumbsup:

In my starlet i put 4" JBL's they are 105 Watts and they sound pretty good, and thats with a crappy old sony head unit.

Just curious, i got a pioneer sub (800W) in a box with JBL GTO2000 (400W) amp, the JBL 4" Speakers n wiring kit for £250, do you think that was a good price or was i ripped off??

Though so!! :ffs:

It was one of those spur of the moment things!!!

Wellin mine i have fitted 6x9 Speakers in a custom made parcel shelf with the toyota Badge cut out and the Speakers mounted underneth them :thumbsup: as for the front i have standard but gonna get some jl's i think. in the boot i have a 12'' alpine sub powered by a alpine amp.the headunit is a sony flip face thing which is 52wx4.

5 inch Speakers in the front??????is it hard to do people. :eek:

I will get back to you's on Saturday when I get the product codes. :beer:

Thats when I'm finalising all my ideas for my project. ;)

To save time, (I havn't looked yet), but where about is the connection point for putting in the rear speakers?  :help:

Did you ever find where the connection point is for fitting the rear Speakers?

I spotted wiring for rear Speakers in the radio connector but I cannot find the other end. Somewhere neer the rear parcel shelf hopefully?

Starletpower have you got any pics of your parcel shelf, sounds good :thumbsup:

Yes!!! Thank-you Hou. You've saved me a lot of time and effort. :D

I'm just going out to check it right now. B)

God, I need some money. :(

will post them up when i have upgraded my mebership. but when geo's site is up and running there are some pics of it on there. :yes:

theres a connector on the drivers side of the parcel shelf that you could re-wire or plug into!!!

Found it :thumbsup:

The rear speaker connector was, as you said it would be, on the driver’s side of the parcel shelf. It took a bit of time to hunt it down, it was taped back to the wiring loom above the rear wheel behind a large moulded plastic panels.

Many thanks, Adrian.

Geo could you post up the pic i sent you of my parcel shelf so Firthy can see what i am talking about?cheers

Do the front Speakers rattle with the jbls in there? im gonna get clarion 10cm ones but worried about rattles. Can you pleez tell me how you fitted 5in. ?????

Cheers shelly i will send ya some pics asap. I am good went to a cruise in Bury St edmunds last nite. it was not very good. But had loads of people looking at me badges. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links