Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Bluetooth Phone Query

Kaushmeister

Hi,

New to this forum and couldn't see this topic posted up. I have an Toyota Auris 2011 model and I share this car with my wife. We both have connected our phones (both iPhone 5) to the bluetooth connection on the system. I think it's the classic Panasonic one.

Both phones connect fine and work properly however it only picks up the phone that has been last paired to the system. For example if I have gone through the whole process of selecting my phone through the menu and then my wife gets into the car after me she has to go through the whole process of selecting her phone through the menu which I think is a very long process for something so simple.

In my Merc whoever sits in it the bluetooth automatically detects that phone and your away, no messing about but in the Auris it doesn't do this. We have to keep selecting the phone through the system if it's not the last paired phone.

Is there a way to connect to the bluetooth without each time having to go through the menu and selecting the phone individually? Is there a way to connect to it when any phone is in the car first?

Thank you in advance.

Kaushmeister

We've not had ours long but have found the same. How about using your phone to connect to the car, rather than using the steering wheel and stereo controls? Haven't tried it myself so it's just a suggestion.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is you need to record a name for the to pair a phone. I then thought that I could Select the phone by using the voice command button on the steering wheel by saying Select xxxx Phone but when I press that button it tries to find a contact that I haven't inputted so just says 'no entry'.

Very frustrating as it is such a simple system

This is the problem with integrated systems that come built in, you get the facilities but not all the functions or usability.

Does the meaning 'jack of all trades, master of none' come to mind?

I have a basic bluetooth system which I added to my Sony audio system (1998), and you can pair as many phones as you wish. Only two phones can be active at the same time. The first that connects will then allow mp3 music to be played through the system. I can receive calls from either phones.

It sounds to me that your system does not do this, which the Mercedes system does.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links