Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3 Breakers Yard Avensis All Sold Quickly

Konrad C

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my local breakers in Erith and in their holding yard, there were 3 Mk1 Avensis. This holding yard is where the car awaits for clearance before going into the main yard for breaking.

Well they were all sold complete!

The engines were 1.8 leanburn, 2 litre 3S-FE and a vvti. One was CDX, other was GLS, but I could not remember the other spec. I think 2 of the cars had alloy wheels.

I was drawing up a list of parts to scavenge and decided to visit the scrap yard to see if the cars were released. That was when I found out somebody has bought all of them. I am a bit gutted as they were is good condition. These cars are like gold dust.

Konrad

Yes they are, old Toyota's are going out of the country to be exported mainly Africa and Asia. I don't know if they exporting full cars or stripping them for parts then rebuilding over there.

have a look at these website;

http://www.cars2africa.com/

http://www.cars2africa.com/nl/voertuig-details/25995954/

254k and it needs a clutch.

they must export Toyota's for a reason!

When a low mileage Toyota comes on eBay for auction most likely it wont last until the end as someone will have contacted the buyer and agreed a price.

So if yours is going good I suggest you keep it until you can.

what parts do you need konrad?

The list of parts are small.

Rear wiper motor - mine works but occasionally it plays about in intermittent mode. May I should try a new rubber seal.

Gear knob and possibly replace the faux leather gaiter.

The bulk head cowl as the rubber to the windscreen has deteriorated and broken away.

I was thinking of the calliper bracket as I damaged it slightly trying to remove a broken bolt. A mechanic said that the bracket would not have caused the warp in the new disks.

Most of the bits are mainly cosmetic.

I am still looking out for a front left wing in green, colour code 6P3. I creased that in Brighton mariner car park. Did a self repair and reshaped the wing using wood and G clamps.

Also keep some small bits as spares, things that cost next to nothing, but the dealers charge silly money.

Konrad

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my local breakers in Erith and in their holding yard, there were 3 Mk1 Avensis. This holding yard is where the car awaits for clearance before going into the main yard for breaking.

Well they were all sold complete!

The engines were 1.8 leanburn, 2 litre 3S-FE and a vvti. One was CDX, other was GLS, but I could not remember the other spec. I think 2 of the cars had alloy wheels.

I was drawing up a list of parts to scavenge and decided to visit the scrap yard to see if the cars were released. That was when I found out somebody has bought all of them. I am a bit gutted as they were is good condition. These cars are like gold dust.

Konrad

I use to work down that way years ago, is the collection of breakers yard still out on the marshes ?

Yep a lot of eastern Europeans buy them by the container load....There all going abroad...LHD cars are so much more expensive that a RHD equivalent, maybe the parts are just as expensive....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links