Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cracked Injector Body

waqar_lionheart

Hi All,

I hope you are well. I have written extensively about pinking issues with my car and how i have always thought it was fueling issue. My initial diagnosis was that the injector o-rings have gone and need replacing so i ordered these from toyota and got to changing them yesterday. I came to this diagnosis as well because where the power to the injector goes in (this is the electric supply for injectors. its the little socket that fits on top of the injector) I found petrol pooling there so I thought that because the orings are leaking it must have just trickled down. However, yesterday when changing these I took out my injectors and to my horror realised that the Injector body has cracks on it (see pics attached). Also previously what was happening was that when you drive the car, blood oh I mean petrol (aye i call it blood because i have put my blood and sweat in to earning money thats buying petrol :) would pool into the grooves where injectors go into the cylinders. Anyways after changing o rings yesterday, i took it for a spin but found that no pooling had occurred so thats a good sign. One other reason for pooling could be that where the injectors sit into the cylinder, that area had a bad muck situation. Again only found this out when took out the injectors and by looking at the situation, i have to say i dont think the injectors would have sat properly into the cylinder as the mucky bits would have lifter one side up. The seating for injectors can be seen dirty in one of the pictures. Before I put them all back in i had cleaned every thing.

I ll come to my question now. Is it possible to still have good functioning injectors despite the covering plastic body being cracked? Because as i understand, the actual functioning bits of the injector is in a steel tube inside that?????????????

I would really appreciate any input.

Regards,

Waqarpost-127745-0-17528200-1404721089_thumb.post-127745-0-71577300-1404721099_thumb.post-127745-0-46120100-1404721115_thumb.post-127745-0-03598600-1404721124_thumb.post-127745-0-49195200-1404721135_thumb.post-127745-0-94003200-1404721144_thumb.post-127745-0-54163300-1404721153_thumb.

No answers yet Waqar.

You may be the first to come across this. Also you have a sharper picture of the fine crack on the injector insulator.

Recheck the injectors and where they are located in the head, to make sure they are dry.

Regarding the brake issue, look at the following: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/159489-clunking-sound/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links