Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phone Data Transfer

paulwoodhall

Hi i have an Avensis 2009 tourer with sat nav fitted i can pair my i phone 5 but it will not transfer the contacts over all help greatly appreciated

There are other threads on here dealing with this subject. I don't believe this is possible with the iPhone still.

Once you have registered your phone make sure it is connected to the car

Then on the car menu, go to phone - phonebook - add entry - by phone - confirm.

Then on the phone, go to Contacts--Options--Mark/Unmark--Options--Send business card--Via bluetooth.

The phone will disconnect but the transfer will work leave it a second or so and the contact will appear on the car screen, you can then record the voice tag and save (confirm)

It only works one contact at a time but it will work

Basically the car needs contacts "pushed" to it, but an iPhone needs contacts "pulled" from it, so they're not compatable. The process to "fool" the car is somewhat tedious, but works a treat.

Unpair your iPhone.

Pair an old phone like an old Nokia or Samsung (or anything which can "push" contacts, or send via vcard, or similar).

Using the (now paired) old phone, select a contact and "push" it to the car (or send vcard as applicable) via bluetooth.

IIRC it then asked something about bluetooth connection again, select "yes", or "to car" etc as necessary.

It will disconnect bluetooth, then re-connect to actually send the contact.

Using the stereo controls, select (confirm?) the contact you've just received and add a voice tag, and manually enter text (like "Dad" etc).

"Confirm" the selection.

Repeat for the other contacts you want. IIRC there's a maximum of maybe 20 you can do.

IIRC it doesn't add the contact unless you've given it a voice tag BTW.

Once finished, unpair the old phone and pair your iPhone again.

Edit...I missed a step, one mentioned by Raistlin above. The car needs to be "ready" to receive the contact, so you need to use the car controls and go to phone, phonebook, add entry, by phone, confirm. I think this is the step I was sketchy about above "IIRC it then asked something about bluetooth connection again, select "yes", or "to car" etc as necessary."

Thanks for the help sounds like it may take a while but at least i can get the contacts on the system

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links