Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Input Estate 60 Plate

thaiad24

Hi guys, just picked up my new car and trying to familiarise myself with it

Where is the aux input located?

Cheers

Think it is inside and at the front of the centre console storage box.

On my TR spec model there is no Aux input in the centre console, there may be on the higher spec models. My only Aux inputs are via a 3.5 jack and USB on the front of the main audio/satnav unit. I believe there is an aftermarket iPod connection kit available from Toyota.

My 61 plate (but 2012 MY) T-Spirit has USB, jack etc. at the front of the inside of the centre storage console.

Did you not get manuals with your "new to you " car?

• Like 1

You can download a pdf manual - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/161149-electronic-owners-manuals/

Some people have had certificate warnings when accessing this Toyota site, but I've used it several times without problem, and it is the only place currently where one can download owners manuals for Toyota models.

I had an 09 plate TR and the aux jack was in the centre console, along with a charging point. I now have a 12 plate TR which has an aux jack, a USB, and a charger in the same place.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, you were right, it was hiding in the centre console

does anyone know how to use it? i assume that its to connect mp3 players right? in that case will i have to buy a lead that has a double ended 3.5mm male connectors?

does anyone know how to use it? i assume that its to connect mp3 players right? in that case will i have to buy a lead that has a double ended 3.5mm male connectors?

Yes, or try the usb if you've got it fitted.

Preume like in my Auris there are a 3.5mm jack socket and a USB. You can copy albums or whatever onto a USB memory stick (the small nano type work well as they don't stick out much) and the stereo should play those.

I have 60 plus albums on an 8gb nano stick and it works just fine (can't remember the last time I played a CD using the stereo).

• Like 1

Preume like in my Auris there are a 3.5mm jack socket and a USB. You can copy albums or whatever onto a USB memory stick (the small nano type work well as they don't stick out much) and the stereo should play those.

I have 60 plus albums on an 8gb nano stick and it works just fine (can't remember the last time I played a CD using the stereo).

just the 3.5mm and a 12v charging port

just the 3.5mm and a 12v charging port

Then you're limited to the double ended 3.5mm jack you mentioned earlier, and controlling playback via the mp3 player's controls, but it'll work a treat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links