Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Rav4 P0627 Help!

306master

hello there everyone

im new here so please excuse any mistakes

anyway i need help with a 2004 rav4 2.0 d4d

the customer had it plugged in with toyota and a independant garage toyota said it was a faulty turbo

the independant gararge said it was turbo electronics i coulnt find any electronics also turbo seems fine

the problem is it hesitates sometimes about 3000rpm

it is only doing this intermittent

so with no codes showing i felt this was a guessing game"!!!!!

i cleaned the variable vanes which both i and the customer thought made a massive difference

went great for a few days then started doin it again but this time engine light came on

its reads code p0627 which indicates scv valves

these were changed 12 months ago with genuine new ones from toyota

im lost where to go now any help greatly appreciated

shane

You might find something useful on this thread regarding the SCV: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/142960-starting-problems-20-d4d/

Seems there was a software update. If the valves were changed without the update being carried out, they'd have a very limited life.

You might find something useful on this thread regarding the SCV: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/142960-starting-problems-20-d4d/

Seems there was a software update. If the valves were changed without the update being carried out, they'd have a very limited life.

The software update with new SCV only applied to the 2.0 1AD and 2.2 2AD engines used in later models, there is not a software update for the earlier 2.0 1CD as used in pre 2005 Rav.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links