Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Rav 4 - Wire Through The Bulkhead

wiztaff

I need to have a live feed in the cab that doesn't switch off with the ignition.

I want to run a live feed straight from the Battery (via a fused link) and wish to run a cable through the bulkhead in order to facilitate this.

Where is the best access through the bulkhead and is it relitively easy to get at the points?

Any help greatly appreciated

Hi, i think you will find if you remove the Battery and the tray it sits on you will find a large rubber grommet with many wires going through it. Make a small hole in the grommet, poke a screwdriver through the whole, now go into the foot well of the car and look behind the glove box area for the end of the screwdriver, a 2nd pair of hands may be useful!

Mike.

You might have a special reason for running a supply directly from the Battery but if not - there are plenty of fused permanent live cables under the dashboard. If this is to do with your DVD installation - there's already a permanent fused live that's connected to the existing CD player (to power the memory of the unit).

Thanks guys.

I need to run a live to a control box for a magnetic roof light, front and rear fend off repeaters and a rear matrix sign so that they stay on with the ignition off. I think I might need to run that straight off the Battery due to the amperage.

Which wires are permanent live feed from under the dash though, knowing that might be useful for lesser accessories?

Thanks Mike.

Did what you said and fed a power wire and the sat nav antennae lead whislt I was at it though the rubber grommet.

I fed a large cable tie through it, taped the wire to it and pulled it through into the cab with no problems :)

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links