Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Copper Seals. How Do You Know If They Have Been Replaced?

JHL

Read quite a few topics about engines being trashed due to the copper seals on the injectors on 120 series models. These were replaced in some/most cases under warranty/goodwill gesture from Mr T, however, as I own a (troublesome) 2006 LC how can I be sure that Mr T replaced the copper seals???

Anybody able to advise??

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

If it was done by a Toyota dealer then it should be noted in the service history in their system. Any dealer should be able to confirm it or otherwise off the reg or VIN numbers.

Hi Jim

Thanks once again for your help. My LC has a full Toyota service history, one of the reasons I bought it, so I will contact Mr T and ask the question.

Will let you know what they say.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Toyota have not answered my email, it's been a few weeks now............................................?

Will give them a call next week and see what they have to say.

PM your chassis number and I can check

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

Just joined today - first post. I have a recently purchased an LC5 and now have just over 90,000 miles on the clock. I have read and worried myself over the 'do I have the wrong injector seals' question. I did a check via the on line Toyota re-call page (www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/recall-checker) where you give you registration and they find your vehicle and tell you if there are any re-calls pending - and my beast came back as not eligible for the injector re-call. That still did not stop me worrying so I dropped the sump and had a look at the oil return strainer - and it was nice and clean. NOW I am happy.

I have had a full service done a couple of weeks ago - and THEN just after it was done the timing belt light came on. I replaced it myself last Sunday and it was SIMPLE. Mr T wanted £330 plus for what took me 45 minutes as a novice with no garage or special tools. Mr T told me they are given 1.7 hours to do this??? Do it yourself - you WILL be able to do it and besides saving a fortune - you will feel pleased. The full kit (belt - tensioner - pulley wheel) is £54.00. There is a you tube video showing you how to do it - just search Toyota Hi-Lux timing belt change (same engine). Let me know if you get stuck and I will find the link.

I am loving the car :driving:. I will post more on what I have done shortly - nothing major - but probably the bits that any newbie will want to know about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links