Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Xenon Headlights ⊙⊙⊙⊙

cgmstone

Early versions of hid didn't need auto level it was a standard for on top of the range cars and they didn't have it so was only ever implemented as a if fitted from New from a certain year needed auto level .... I have never had any issues with HID at MOT time either I asked about what you need for them and the testers there even said you legally need projectors but it's and that all light being emitted from the light cluster I.e sidelights, main beam and dipped beam need to be of the same colour I asked about the auto leveling and they said some cars that have them as new now don't have auto level even now .... And no copper is ever gonna pull most don't even know what they are looking at only they few that are keen enthusiasts and have a good working knowledge of cars and what is required know .... I got pulled once for having something having from the back of an old car I had he said it's dangerous I told him it was an eathing strap and that the car had to have it .... A quick check showed it did and he had to apologise and walk away with his tail between his legs same as most won't uphold noise regs as the differ from place to place and if someone has a tvr ( very noisy car )they can't do them as it a how it comes .... So it's grey area but I highly doubt you will have any issues like speed chaser said just good leveling ... I have the bevel in the car set to 1 and a half and never have a problem .... As long as it looks standard its fine and there is that much trim under the Bonnet of an Auris you can't even see behind the headlights with out twisting yourself round or learning far over on something so wouldn't sweat it at all .... The amount of morons you see with HID in normal reflector type lights get away with it is unbelievable

but thanks for the back up speed chased I'm sure a few others who have them will soon comment on here saying the same

• Like 1

What is the story with these led bulbs I see advertised most of them are for fog lights ??

Led are normally day runners or sidelights

Ok thanks smudge, didn't know that. At least here everyone know things I mentioned and if they don't have them they try to avoid going to MOT like that. But I also know that here everyone is very strict, this is a real police state where everything has to be done the hard way. Seems like in UK people understand better the realities. If it works and looks stock, why not let it be. Here, never happens.

Yeah leds which are H11 for example you can install to your foglights to use as DRLs. They will be noticeable but not bright enough to light up the road if you try using them instead of HIDs for example.

I am gonna get more yellow hids for my fog lights as yellow cuts thru the fog better ... White just makes it harder to see than it already is so hid but more yellow or yellow tint the lenses but I think it won't look right tinted

Yeah you can go yellow HID or even yellow halogen will be allright I guess. In foggies it won't do that much difference I guess.

Of course you can use film on lenses if you're after that JDM look. But I've been told colour will fade with time because of the high temperature so you should be looking for fog units with yellow lenses then. Those are available, not for Auris necessarily, but for other Toyota models which use the same fog unit.

e4ab2b8s-960.jpg

Not after any particular look just clarity while driving through fog I think I might go for some more yellow HID as I get the brightness but a more yellow colour for cutting through the fog

also forgot to mention that the auris headlights are hid ready as they use only one cluster fits all to keep cost down same as the wiring loom hence why cruise control is a switch and a two inch cable if you get the toyota tech stream u can activate all sorts of things as i have turned mine on to look about on it not tried any yet but seems like a few things .... but as for HID will be no problems as long as you dont go any bluer than say 7000k people do have more as ive seen but you look and can just see thats its a pullover waiting to happen anyway good luck and any questions to help you just put it on here

Yeah you can go yellow HID or even yellow halogen will be allright I guess. In foggies it won't do that much difference I guess.

Of course you can use film on lenses if you're after that JDM look. But I've been told colour will fade with time because of the high temperature so you should be looking for fog units with yellow lenses then. Those are available, not for Auris necessarily, but for other Toyota models which use the same fog unit.

e4ab2b8s-960.jpg

dont the jdm leaf mean beginner or learner?

lol

No mate it's not the same as far as I know. There are markings on light clusters which identify if they're made for HIDs or not. Maybe they use same with just different marking, but the without marking they are not 100% legal that's for sure. I asked my dealer what do I need to fit factory HID and they listed new clusters. I do agree that even halogen clusters have ballast attachment places and everything ready for HID install though.

Yeah the leaf is called wakaba and is "fresh driver's" sign in Japan. In other countries it's mostly used by JDM enthusiasts among with domo-kun and other symbols originating from Japan.

The only reason I found out about the head lights is the part numbers as I have an online Toyota parts catalogue and the part numbers are the same I have one hid ready cluster I bought from a breaker and it's does have a marking on it that the normal one doesn't but when I cross referenced the numbers they came up the same .... Maybe it's the same part but with a small mod or something .... Maybe a Toyota parts man can confirm but that's what their system said ....

I remember the Jdm leaf thing from one of the lads that worked in an import place ( he was half Japanese but lived there for a while )and when I turned up in my mates supra to collect some bits for it that they had imported for him he laughed and said you learner drivers we looked confused and he said the symbol meant beginners or learners .... It very quickly came off the car ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links