Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Xenon Headlights ⊙⊙⊙⊙

cgmstone

Hi I looking a set on xenon look headlight bulbs for my 2008 auris I am looking road leagal ones that shine white and not blue and ones that will pass mot has anyone done this upgrade and can tell me what is the best bulbs to buy ??

Thanks in advance

Ciaran

Have a look at Osram Nightbreaker. xenon look, very bright, totally road legal and no problems with mot.

I have passed 2 mot's with xenon hid bulbs installed, as long as you have them in the projector lens, not the reflector then there is no problem.

Hi Darksta thanks for that !! Hi aidsy what do you mean I was looking to put hids in full beam and dipped head lights is this not possible and was also looking to put them in fog lights to try and keep all lights looking the same

Hids in full beam are not a great idea, as (let's say) when you flash someone for whatever reason the hid ballast put a couple of thousand volts across the bulb, doing it in a manner of flashing someone will cause them to wear quicker. Dipped beam is fine, as when they go on they stay on long enough for the filament to warm up fully (which is what you see when some hids turn on, they flash and then they go low until they warm up) fog lights shouldn't be a problem just don't leave them on all the time or else you'll blind people.

Ultimately the choice about all of them is up to you. I know of people who have used hids in all bulbs without problems, others have had their main beam bulb blow after a month or two because of flashing then.

• Like 1

I agree with Aidan completely I have never had a problem with my hid for MOT best upgrade I have done so far I just put some matching coloured bulbs in high beam

I bought the Halfords 120% bulbs for my main beam. They are about as close as you'll get, and they are on offer at the moment ^^

The Halfords and Ring bulbs are both made by Alite - so buy whichever of the two brands are cheapest

Cheers guys so best option is to upgrade dipped beam to hid and either replace full beam with Halfords or leave as is ??

Ye replace low beams and don't go Halfords will be pricey get on the internet and just type in what bulb u want and if you want it to match the hid or not loads of matches out there

What hids have you used smudge ? Are they white or blue ??

It's my dipped beam I'm really looking to make better my full beam is good what is best road legal / mot legal dipped beam bulbs to get ??

I bought a HID kit 6000k for dipped some intense white sidelights and matching 6000k coloured main beam bulbs

post-130759-142650699374_thumb.jpg

post-130759-142650707692_thumb.jpg

post-130759-142650711759_thumb.jpg

View down a well lit street past parked car

post-130759-14265072167_thumb.jpg

And difference from my mates New focus.... He has since been back to Ford and swapped up for one with a hid installed

post-130759-142650732499_thumb.jpg

post-130759-142650735589_thumb.jpg

Right here's the stupid question can I get hid bulbs on there own which I can just change or do I have to get the box and bulbs to suit ??

You can buy all separately, but you will need both bulbs and boxes. The boxes provide bulbs with power and make them light up. You cannot upgrade by changing just the bulbs.

What Im asking is what about buying just the normal bulbs which give a brighter white light likes of orsam night breakers which replaces my own bulbs ??

Ok, well, of course you can and you won't need boxes for them. They are plug&play. But they will always be less bright than HIDs, last less and be noticeably more yellow than HIDs. The price you'll have to pay for such bulbs will probably be almost the same as for cheap HID kit aswell. So is it worth it? You decide.

Is it a big job installing hids ?? Whole lot of people saying hids are not legal and are always blue tinted ??

No it takes about 10 mins and people are no informing you as you have an Auris you already have projector lenses (legal requirement) not old School reflectors like main beam .... Also blue tinted ones are higher Kelvin ones the higher the Kelvin the more intense blue .... For a good solid white about 5500 a very slight hint of blue so looks like all the newer cars you see with hid fitted bulbs (mercs, audis, range rover, bigger Ford's as standard you get what I mean ) use 6000k I park next to my dad's newish s class merc with factory hid and both look exactly the same I spend a lot of time in the garage and see a lot of newer cars with standard hid and they are all pretty much the same colour ... So no worries there

Smudge can you tell me what kind you have have you a link or even a name for them ??

Exactly what Smudge told you. You can shop around HIDs are all over the internet. I don't suggest choosing the cheapest ones from China as you will most probably have problems with them.

Actually HIDs need auto levelling function and washers, plus light units which are designed for HIDs. But as many other cars have HIDs and you have projectors nobody will pay attention I'm sure if they're aligned properly etc. For MOT it is not big job to disconnect HIDs. You don't need to take ballast out or anything. Just disconnect connector and connect your old halogen bulb for one day.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links