Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Light

plax

hi, have a an issue with my airbag light, found a loose connection, refitted connection and cleared faults with a creader, faults have cleared but the airbag light still remains on, can someone please point me in the rigth direction to help what i'm doing wrong please

• Like 1

Check the Creader again after a couple of start ups and see if the fault re-appears. I suspect you may have another loose connection.

Also check that there are no blown fuses, the faulty connection could have blown a fuse and the light is staying on because the circuit is still open.

Fuse no.28 in the fusebox behind the glove box is for the air bag system.

thanks for the reply, just checked, it is 10a fuse, anyway checked all and all ok, when i check with the creader all faults are cleared, the airbag light never turns off, even when clearing faults

Hiya.

I have just been out and checked my 2012 Rav4 and the passenger airbag light stays on, i thought it did that's why i checked. For some reason Toyoya decided to make in reverse of what you think and i think you'll find when it's on it's telling you all is ok.

Mike.

It's called "failsafe". Think about it, how do you know whether the system is working OK or whether the bulb has just blown if the light is out?

Making the light be on for "ok", removes doubt...

Our 2014 Prius Air Bag Light stays ON. As stated it is done foe fail safe reasons.

hi, not on speedo

Our 2014 Prius Air Bag Light stays ON. As stated it is done foe fail safe reasons.

not on the speedo

I thought the passenger air bag light stays on to warn you that if you put a baby carrier seat on that seat, its a reminder to turn off the air bag at the switch on the dashboard

Not sure why people keep bringing up the passenger airbag status light, I believe the OP is on about the airbag malfunction warning light on the main instrument panel?

• Like 1

Not sure why people keep bringing up the passenger airbag status light, I believe the OP is on about the airbag malfunction warning light on the main instrument panel?

me too

found that the module is faulty, tried to reset with creader, unable to, got a new module and the airbag light went off, tried old module again and the light came back on again

Glad you got it sorted, was the module expensive ?

Glad you got it sorted, was the module expensive

got it of a friend to test, asked one guy you said £200, might go to someone who said they can reset for £25, will give it a try

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links