Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica T-sport Head Unit

Chris Downes

Hi,

I took delivery of my new T-Sport yesterday, and plan on fitting a bass box and amp this weekend.

Could someone please tell me whether the standard Toyota Head Unit (Single CD Player) has RCA pre-outs on it for connecting to the input on my amp?

Also, what is the best way of accesing the rear of the head unit for connecting wires etc.

Thanks in advance

Chris

I looked into this same thing when I got my T3 Corolla. I was told by the guy, that the CD player does not have the right connections (RCA pre-outs) and I'd have to buy an aftermarket CD player to connect an amp. However, looking back now I think the guy took me for a mug (and succeeded! :angry: ). I went out and bought a new CD/MP3 player. I was then left with a big gaping hole where I decided to fit a Navigation unit.

I suspect that the standard CD player does have RCA pre-outs, but please dont quote me on that. Just make sure you find out from knowledgable sources.

As for access to the wires, I watched the guy do the wiring... the centre air vents just clip out (needs a good pull but be careful). After that there are a couple of screws holding the centre console. Remove these and you can then clip the centre console out.The wiring can be accessed through this but it will be easier to see what you are doing if you take the CD player out of its fixings.

Hope this helps... Atik

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links