Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Tow Bar For 2012

psc

Hello All and thanks in advance for any advice.

I would like to put a tow bar on my 2012 Toyota Auris. When I looked under the rear of the vehicle everything was covered with plastic. Does anyone know what the arrangement of bolt holes is for a tow bar on this Auris? Also, where is a good place to get the towbar in the U.K.?

thanks thanks thanks

First of all - is it a first generation Auris (manufactured up to October 2012) or a second generation Auris (manufactured from October 2012)??

there will be an installation instruction for Toyota badged towbars on www.toyota-tech.eu/ - that will probably give you a clue.

If you want a Toyota-badged tow bar then obviously a Toyota dealer is a good place to buy. If you want a 3rd party product then wherever you can find the product that you want at a price that you are prepared to pay.

Thanks all for the help with this!

Date of first registration for this vehicle is January 2012 meaning that it is a first generation Auris I believe. I replaced the left rear passenger door a couple of months ago with a door from a scrapped 2009 of the same colour. The door itself was an exact match to my damaged door but the electrics needed to be swapped around as the 2009 door didn't have the correct connections. I say this only to confirm what frostyballs advised related to which generation this car is.

Those pdf diagrams on the Toyota Tech website are very thorough. It looks like good fun and a bit more work than the 'plug and play' of the passenger door. I will need to get the special plastic plug tool unless anyone can advise me how to remove them with a self made tool that does the same job.

Thanks again everyone!!!

thanks again!

Actually, according to the Witter website it states 'sorry your vehicle does not have the capability to tow'. Does that sound correct to everyone? I forgot to mention that this is the hybrid Auris. Unfortunate if so...I guess the drivetrain on the hybrid Auris is completely different from the non-hybrid.

I just Googled it and they are correct,you cannot tow with it.

Apparently its to to with possible burn out of the electric motors or some such nonsense .

The Lexus hybrid can tow a small trailer.

Thanks miseryguts,

I was going to be using a very small motorcycle trailer for my 100kg Honda cg 125. Considering the fact that I just replaced our garden patio and hauled 550 kg of sand bags inside the car with no problem (granted I will never do that again) I bet a small trailer with light load would be fine...but it is not worth the risk especially since I was going to take it quite a distance. So, no motorbike in Italy for me over the summer.

thanks again all!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links