Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Intake Clean

frankie406

Hi just finished cleaning the woman's avensis 2006 d4d.took from 11am till 7.30pm it was bad really bad.lumps of sticky black gunk in intake manifold and the throttle body too.cleaned egr valve was a bit sooty but I cleaned it awhile back as well..oil in turbo from the pcv and in the intercooler but I will do that another day.can put pics up for some reason?

Can't put pics up for some reason*

What kind of pics are you trying to upload? (jpegs or what)

if your still stuck send them to my email and I will put them up for you, you should have a PM.

on behalf on frankie, the reason why you couldnt upload as each picture was more than 2mb, I have made them smaller by opening in paint then save as.

post-125194-0-96112700-1434887957_thumb.

post-125194-0-93206700-1434887970_thumb.

post-125194-0-54613200-1434887982_thumb.

post-125194-0-01145500-1434887991_thumb.

Thanks for your help avensis hadn't a clue or the energy to look into doing it after that clean up lol.

• Like 1

Ive a 04 2.0 petrol. I notice a air intake clean for a diesel and wondering should I do the same for mine. Its a bit hesitant onc started on cold but goes fine after that.

That looks awful. How has she been driving her car? Lots of short trips?

Yes all short town driving.i bought an auris petrol for this type of driving but she won't drive it.i have it doing 100 odd miles per day..

Also has anyone got pics of the intercooler hoses to turbo and to the throttle body.i just want to make sure I've them on the correct way.

Yes all short town driving.i bought an auris petrol for this type of driving but she won't drive it.i have it doing 100 odd miles per day..

That's unfortunate. The two of you should find a petrol car that she likes and wants to drive. Diesel engines (at least modern ones) are much more suited for longer journeys. What is it she doesn't like about the Auris?

She says she just can't drive a petrol car.i had a 1.8 avensis the same car that she has but wouldn't drive it . Apparently it's to do with the clutch/feeling the biting point of gear changing.she revved the petrol on take off around 3-3500 rpm.lol.

She says she just can't drive a petrol car.i had a 1.8 avensis the same car that she has but wouldn't drive it . Apparently it's to do with the clutch/feeling the biting point of gear changing.she revved the petrol on take off around 3-3500 rpm.lol.

Have she tried an automatic?

No wouldn't trust her in an automatic.😨I'm slowly changing her mind about the auris after showing her the mess of the intake and throttle body...thinking of getting a terraclean done for the piston sides of it and hope it will keep it running better.

Clean your throttle body too.your intake shouldn't be anything like the diesel one.also clean your pcv valve.

Ooops I replied to the wrong thread sorry.

does this help frankie

173735H.png

Yes mate went by that diagram just hoping I have put it the right way round.will check tomorrow .What would happen if they were wrong way round?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links