Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Avensis D4d Tr Bluetooth Woes

tubbletrouble

Hello,

Recently bought a 2007 TR D4D 2, 0 Avensis,
Please accept my apologies, for my terminology; I am no motoring expert...

The head unit is a B9010 with single European CD/DVD and plays CD ok and the Navigation system works as expected.

I would be grateful if someone could help shed some light on the bluetooth SWC side of things...

After holding down the mode button, I am getting no audible prompts at all.

I think it might be a fuse or something, might hunt around behind the air con / climate control to see what lurks there.
Hopefully bluetooth module...

Can anyone please advise, does the B9010 Head unit have a bluetooth Settings Menu?
I think normally accessible after pressing the Info Button.

The Bluetooth system is not working from the when I bought the vehicle, no Bluetooth devices when I scan from my Htc Phone
and I thought before I forked out on a replacement / or aftermarket unit, I thought I would try and get the factory fitted unit working.

A point in the right direction would be greatly received

Many Thanks
Paul

I had a 57 plate TR & I don't remember it having bluetooth ... think that there was an optional module?

I'll bet that '46 BSA B32 didn't have bluetooth on it either. Or USB or a headphone socket!

Interesting...

I assume then some one along the line of 3 previous owners must have had a go at fitting bluetooth,

After some time on the interweb googling around and a few documents / photo's showing possible locations,

I did manage to locate two boxes underneath and behind the Air Con / Climate Control's, a black box marked steering control and a blue box which I think mayne is the bluetooth module.

The short loom between the two boxes seemed in quite good condition, but seems like a few severed cables from the black box (steering control unit) to the B9010 head unit, and a redwire lurking around...near a 20 pin ATX type plug ...

Well its getting a bit dark here in midlands, better call it a night, Ill have another crack at this tommorow maybe...

Thank you every one for your replies...

I'll bet that '46 BSA B32 didn't have Bluetooth on it either. Or USB or a headphone socket!

You know your bikes Tom, absolutely spot on

The '46 was a guess, I could see the rigid frame, knew the plungers came out in '49, but the alloy engine threw me a bit. Thought the earlier ones were cast iron. With classic bikes better to make a guess for older. Looks in cracking nick

Search "avensis grom" on eBay. The supplier provides a range of items with bluetooth which are compatible with the Sat Nav unit fitted to your vehicle.

The seller is very helpful but a you can see the units aren't cheap,

A few years ago I installed a basic 3.5mm mp3 grom unit and later added a Kinivo btc450 to provide the bluetooth connectivity.

Hello again,

And thanks to all that commented or replied...

And like I said in my last post I managed to locate two boxes underneath the B9010 Head Unit and behind the Air Con / Climate Control's,
A black box marked steering control and a blue box which I think is the bluetooth module....

So after much cable checking, I managed to repair the damaged cables and replaced a single 5amp spade fuse that had blown
I plugged all cables back into the both boxes and the head unit,

Powered on and after about 1-2 minutes of Navi system loading, the familiar Navigation Warning appeared on the screen
I proceeded to check if head unit was working ok, and all seemed well, after pressing the Mode button
An audible warning about the bluetooth and call settings.

And I was also surprised after pressing the Info button, a selection of new icons for bluetooth settings
These icons were not present before I repaired the cables?
I was able to navigate around the Bluetooth settings, but was not able to set any of the functions.
I turned the head unit off and back on again and the Bluetooth menu now disappeared.

a few attempts at the info button but still no bluetooth menu.

A few pictures showing the Sat Nav b9010 and steering control and bluetooth boxes..

http://www.bitbeamer.co.uk/avensis/index.html

Any one familiar with the B9010 Head Unit and the two boxes behind the Air Con / Climate Control's,
A black box marked steering control and a blue box which I think is the Bluetooth module....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links