Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Anyone Know How Much It Costs To Import

sera_beetle

Hi guys

I am looking for engines for my car. i was wondering how much it cost to import a 180000 yen car? (about £800)

what sort of import duites will i be paying?

How reliable is shipping the car back?

Cheers

Shipping will be around £500+ and then you will pay 10% import duty and 17.5% vat, but there are reduced rates if the car is damaged and will not be registered, then if you do change your mind and repair it they will charge the extra duty when it's reg.

thanks man :thumbsup:

how long does the hole shipping thing take? weeks or months?

cheers

tim sera_beelte

Get in touch with Andrew I'm sure he imported a Starlet GT for his engine transplant.

thanks man :thumbsup:

how long does the hole shipping thing take? weeks or months?

cheers

tim sera_beelte

I have a surf coming in on the 10th which has taken a month to get here, although there does seem to be a wait in Japan at the moment, it was sitting dock side for about 15 days, due to a ship being damaged and taken out of service or so they say.

One thing I forgot to say is that if the car is damaged and not drivable they will charge extra for forklift loading and unloading.

I hope yours wasnt on the ship that collided with a tanker in Singapore harbour the other week with aload of :arrgg-matey: cars on. Mostly new Kias but there were some imports bound for the UK. They are now on the seabed. If you have ever seen the waters around Singapore you will understand how it can happen. Look at the story

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/topstorie...,252638,00.html

Just goes to show that you need to insure for this when you import.

Sorry about that, This is what it said

The car carrier sank in Indonesian waters after the MV Kaminesan, an oil tanker four times its weight, rammed into its left side, punching a hole as big as half a football field in it.

The collision occurred on Saturday night, but the ship stayed afloat till early on Sunday morning.

When it went under, the MV Hyundai had 830 tonnes of fuel in its tanks, but its crew had sealed off the fuel tank valves before they abandoned ship, said its operators, Eukor Car Carriers.

All 4,191 cars on board, which were meant for the European market, were chained to the 12 decks of the MV Hyundai and are believed to still be lashed to the ship.

The sunken cars, with an estimated value of $80 million, include new Hyundai and Kia models and some second-hand Japanese ones.

Sorry about that, This is what it said

The car carrier sank in Indonesian waters after the MV Kaminesan, an oil tanker four times its weight, rammed into its left side, punching a hole as big as half a football field in it.

The collision occurred on Saturday night, but the ship stayed afloat till early on Sunday morning.

When it went under, the MV Hyundai had 830 tonnes of fuel in its tanks, but its crew had sealed off the fuel tank valves before they abandoned ship, said its operators, Eukor Car Carriers.

All 4,191 cars on board, which were meant for the European market, were chained to the 12 decks of the MV Hyundai and are believed to still be lashed to the ship.

The sunken cars, with an estimated value of $80 million, include new Hyundai and Kia models and some second-hand Japanese ones.

Goodness :eek: i didn't hear much on the news about that!

Yeah but you'd be suprised at the amount of importers who consider the insurance thing to be a burden ;)

At least they prevented a major environmental disaster, imagine if it had gone over without isolating the fuel tanks?

On the plus side though, that's a whole load of Hyundais and Kias that wont be on our roads for a while :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links