Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Filter

Aggo

I went to go and change my fuel filter this morning but found the one I got sent was smaller and didn't have the cable out the bottom of it......

Might have been my mistake not to try and fit it....

Could it just be smaller because it's a cheaper unit but still fit.

the white plastic with the cable from the bottom just screws out and in to the new one?

I got the pump and filter off but because they looked different I didn't attempt to remove the cable.

Haven't done this particular filter but over the years I've had different size filters for fuel and oil. Doesn't matter so much if they're (a) spin-off disposable filters and (b) from a reputable manufacturer. Is your branded?

Well it's not branded but I've been driving and maintaining cars for 12 years and have never had a problem with cheaper filters.

It's the electric ujamaflop on the bottom that concerns me the most.....

On other diesel fuel filters I've changed the electric wire on the bottom was for sensing water in the fuel. A warning light would illuminate to tell you it was time to drain it.

Ahhhhh ok makes sense

So you reckon it could just screw out then in to the new one?

It's either that or a blockage indicator that lights up when the filter needs changed.

Either way I don't see any problem in changing the unit over to the new filter provided the threads are the same.

Edit: Here's a vid of a guy changing the filter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyyZKztY86w

It's just that the new filter is very different I'll have another cracking at it tomorrow.

Cheers bud

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links