Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Yaris Throttle Response

implicity

I just picked up my Yaris today, drove it a good 60 miles, no problems when its out and about.

However, I noticed I can put my foot down a good inch or more on the gas and nothing will happen, and then 1 mm more and finally the engine responds and shoots up to 2k+ rpm. There is no "in-between" and I can't hold the revs at 1-1.9k rpm. Is this normal throttle response from the drive-by-wire or not? The car is not even 10 months old and unfortunately I didn't see this issue on my test drive, but I can definitely see it being a problem when I have to hill start or creep in traffic.

If you bought the car from a dealer, take it back and explain the symptoms you're getting.

I don't remember reading anything about this being a thing, although I vaguely remember a few (Well, one) people complaining of an overly sensitive accelerator.

I'd complain to the dealer if it was dealer bought.

It might just be the accelerator pedal sensor needs a clean. My brother's Mk1 went into limp mode halfway up the M1 a few weeks back; The recovery guy did some tests, reset the code then sprayed the crap out of the pedal with some carb cleaner and its been fine since :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links