Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 Fault Code P0037

TowYota

Hi,

I need your help.

I have Fault Code P0037. I found out that it is the oxygen sensor, Bank 1 sensor 2.

My model year is T25 2004. Engine is 1AZ–FSE 2.0 VVT-i

I hope this is enough info, please let me know if more is needed.

I would like to replace the sensor myself, and I need the following:

1) What is the Toyota part # for it, and also how do you find this out?

2) Where do you recommend that I source it online?

3) Where is it located on my Engine, and what would I need in order to replace it?

Thank you!

I would get Denso and it does not matter if you get it mail order (cheaper), or places like Euro Car Part, so long it is correct for the car.

Here are a couple of links which includes the four sensors location: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/168808-heated-oxygen-sensor/

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/168306-02lambda-sensors/

You can change the sensor yourself and a O2 sensor socket will help. You may need to spray the sensor with penetration oil to help free the sensor.

Just google 89465-05120 witch is original part number or DOX-0287 denso part number

Just google 89465-05120 witch is original part number or DOX-0287 denso part number

Henri, It was your answer in the post I linked to, so the credit goes to you.

Great will do.

I would like to know how can I cross reference the part numbers by myself?

So if next time sensor 1 bank 1 fails, how do I know the Toyota Part number and the equivalent Denso part number?

Thank you!

Thank you.

But How do you know that Toyota part # 89465-05120 is a direct fit for Denso DOX-0287?

Based on this link for example, there are several Denso part #s that claim to be indirect and the 0287 is one of them:

http://www.kakapart.com/oem/partscrossinterchange/toyota-8946505120.html

This is confusing.

I have been looking around parts websites, like this one:

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/ersatzteile-suche?keyword=89465-05120&maker=111&model=4975&car=17217

What is the difference between Universal fit and direct fit other than cable length?

The direct costs almost double.

Are all 4 sensors the same, with only the cable length making a difference, or they are each a different sensor?

Thank you!

I found denso part number at http://www.denso-am.eu/e-catalogue/

At the page KakaPart.com i did not found DOX-0287, but there is DOX-0278 maybe you mixed them up.

Always but direct fit sensors, their cables are correct length and they have correct plugs, universal fit sensors don`t have them.

PS. Denso made original sensors for you car, then you buy direct fit sensor, you will buy an original sensor (all it is missing is a TOYOTA mark on it)

All 4 original sensors are different

• Like 1

I found denso part number at http://www.denso-am.eu/e-catalogue/

At the page KakaPart.com i did not found DOX-0287, but there is DOX-0278 maybe you mixed them up.

Always but direct fit sensors, their cables are correct length and they have correct plugs, universal fit sensors don`t have them.

PS. Denso made original sensors for you car, then you buy direct fit sensor, you will buy an original sensor (all it is missing is a TOYOTA mark on it)

All 4 original sensors are different

I guess I did mixed them up :D

I will order the Denso sensor, based on your recommendation.

As for the installation, is it possible to do it from above, or is it mandatory to go under the car?

Thank you, you are a life saver!

Since I don't have the means to go under the car, I will take the sensor to be replaced by a mechanic.

I made some calls for labor price quotes, and was told that in many cases once this one is replaced, I will have other warning

codes pop up, from another sensor or the catalytic converter...

So I was wondering, is it true?

Is that something that you experienced as well, or once you replaced the sensor all was well?

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2015 at 6:06 AM, ents said:

You will need to undo the sensor under the car.

Just wanted to report that I installed the sensor recommended by Henri and all works well now.

Thank you Henri for the great help.

• 5 years later...

Reviving this old thread, I have the same error, but I would like to know the procedure to change the sensor as it looks like a difficult diy job.

Can you guys advise me?

After some investigations, not thorough though, it seems I can reach it from under the car. This week-end I have plans to chek it out and try changing it.

• 2 weeks later...

So... today I've changed the sensor. It was way easier than expected. Basically, if you remove the plastic shield under the car, you can reach it pretty easily, and then you can untighten and replace. The socket key I bought specially for this job, didn't fit, so I've just used a standard M23 wrench. It wasn't that difficult to remove.

One note, of course the bolts holding the shield will break, it's kind of normal, they are rusted from all the water and dirt that they come into contact with. Some penetrating oil helped in loosening some of them but not all. So I believe it's luck based 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links