Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rainwater Sloshing Inside Front Of Car

JimmyH

Hi all,

So it looks like the new rear light seal has fixed the problem of water leaking into the back of the car and into the spare wheel well.

But I suspect there is also a leak at the front of the car !

My car is parked in the street and we have had some rain recently and today, I got into the car just to move it and just as I was slowly manoeuvring into the road and over the speedbumps I could hear water sloshing around which sounded like it was behind the dash somewhere.

I have noticed this once before and once I start driving and the car is rocked over speedbumps and jerked back and forwards pulling out of the tiny roads where I live, it seems to drain away !

All the carpets in the front are dry.

Is there a water trap in the engine bay or somewhere behind the dash which catches rainwater which then spills away once the car starts moving ? I'm wondering if there is a drain-plug somewhere which might be blocked.

Thanks,

Jimmy

2009 Auris 1.33

There is a big water drains canal just under the passenger wiper so when heavy rain and more water goes down the windscreen more you can hear it, I have recently discovered this. Sounds like water goes inside the car but I think there is nothing to worry. If you want to see it just pop up the bonnet open and you will notice straight away.

Regards

Hi Tony,

I'll have a look at that. Maybe there is water sat there whilst the car is stationary and rained on and then it tips out into the canal when the car starts moving.

When I moved the car and I heard the water, it was no longer raining.

I had been using the air con to clear the windscreen when I last used the car due to the mild, damp weather we've had.

I'm wondering it it's condense from the air con that builds up and isn't draining.....??

I hear the same with my car too....but decided not to worry as long as carpets are dry :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links