Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Here Owned This Avensis Or Do You Know The Dealer?

Adam Zapple

I'm very tempted by this estate but it's not exactly on my doorstep so I was wondering if anyone had any information. I can't find anything about the dealer, good or bad. From the photos it looks to be on a farm or something.

Has anyone owned this car in the past or does anyone know about it?

Thanks.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512179528925?model=avensis&transmission=manual&price-to=4000&radius=60&sort=locasc&maximum-age=up_to_9_years_old&page=2&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&postcode=s752tp&fuel-type=petrol&make=toyota&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

Car on the pictures looks great, however I am always suspicious when looking for a cars from farms, they are usually an accident repaired ones, but there are always exceptions. This one looks very good indeed, quick mot history check shows that the car is too short of mot and needs brake job to be done before pass the new test, good look around for any sights of damage and panel repair plus extensive test drive is a good idea.

The farm thing puts me off too.

I'm a bit numb - how do you know the brakes will need attention?

Never go by a picture it never shows anything on it.go look at the car in person then you can see for yourself what it actually looks like! (Speaking from experience )

• Like 1

I'm very tempted by this estate but it's not exactly on my doorstep so I was wondering if anyone had any information. I can't find anything about the dealer, good or bad. From the photos it looks to be on a farm or something.

Thanks.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512179528925?model=avensis&transmission=manual&price-to=4000&radius=60&sort=locasc&maximum-age=up_to_9_years_old&page=2&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&postcode=s752tp&fuel-type=petrol&make=toyota&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

Car on the pictures looks great, however I am always suspicious when looking for a cars from farms, they are usually an accident repaired ones, but there are always exceptions. This one looks very good indeed, quick mot history check shows that the car is too short of mot and needs brake job to be done before pass the new test, good look around for any sights of damage and panel repair plus extensive test drive is a good idea.

Never go by a picture it never shows anything on it.go look at the car in person then you can see for yourself what it actually looks like! (Speaking from experience )

I looked at the picture showing the right hand side, and noticed the reflection in the rear quarter, is not as sharp as the rest of the car. This looks like an repair spray!

The rear brake disc looks in need of change looking at the edge lip. I just had my front pads and discs changed on my Mk3, due to the lips and the pads were low. The rears are in better condition so are fine for now.

I agree that photos do not always show the condition of a car in detail, and to see the car in person, but in this case I would not waste the journey unless the seller will lower the price. Look elsewhere and try to see a few cars closer.

We bought my Mk1 Avensis from a farm based dealership in Sussex back in 2001, and dealership has since expanded. They have the space to hold the cars. I would look at other cars they are selling, checking details like age and condition.

Happy hunting. :thumbsup:

Thanks.http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512179528925?model=avensis&transmission=manual&price-to=4000&radius=60&sort=locasc&maximum-age=up_to_9_years_old&page=2&onesearchad=used,nearlynew,new&postcode=s752tp&fuel-type=petrol&make=toyota&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

I looked at the picture showing the right hand side, and noticed the reflection in the rear quarter, is not as sharp as the rest of the car. This looks like an repair spray!

The rear brake disc looks in need of change looking at the edge lip. I just had my front pads and discs changed on my Mk3, due to the lips and the pads were low. The rears are in better condition so are fine for now.

I agree that photos do not always show the condition of a car in detail, and to see the car in person, but in this case I would not waste the journey unless the seller will lower the price. Look elsewhere and try to see a few cars closer.

We bought my Mk1 Avensis from a farm based dealership in Sussex back in 2001, and dealership has since expanded. They have the space to hold the cars. I would look at other cars they are selling, checking details like age and condition.

Happy hunting. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I wouldn't have spotted that. I've decided to give this one a miss - too many doubts about it now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links