Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Direction Indicator Buzzer

Cowdenite

The indicator buzzer on my 2014 Yaris Hybrid could do with being a bit louder. Can anyone help with an easy place to connect a buzzer to supplement  the the fitted one. I guess the flasher relay is hidden behind the dashboard somewhere and is hard to get at.

Thanks for any ideas.

Out 65 reg Yaris sport hybrid doesn't have a buzzer or sounder, it just clicks loudly!

On 13/03/2016 at 2:01 PM, Cowdenite said:

The indicator buzzer on my 2014 Yaris Hybrid could do with being a bit louder. Can anyone help with an easy place to connect a buzzer to supplement  the the fitted one. I guess the flasher relay is hidden behind the dashboard somewhere and is hard to get at.

Thanks for any ideas.

I suspect if like most cars then it won't have a flasher relay, as its all done by the body computer - in short there is little you can do about it to the best of my knowledge.

I've fitted additional sounders for indicators before. It's quite a simple matter of feeding it off the warning lamp. However I'd be reluctant to do it to a modern car with CAN Bus electrics in case it affected the electronics.

There'd also be a possible problem with the warranty due to the addition of non approved items.

Thanks for the replies. I fitted a buzzer to a 2CV I drove twenty or so years ago but like Bathtub Tom I too am concerned regarding mods to modern "electronic" elect systems so I think that I'll make do with it as it is

If a car has a tow bar fitted it must have an additional tell-tale for the indicators which works when the trailer electrics are plugged in. On that basis it might be worth talking to a tow bar fitter to see if they can add an additional sounder that works all the time to do what you want.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links