Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

headlight bulb life?

Andy H777

Hi all, auris hybrid 64 plate headlight bulb gone already!

How much is this likely to be roughly???

Iirc HIR2? £10-15 for one. Toyota dealers used to do a free fitting service if you bought the bulb from them - don't know if that is still the case.

bulbs can be affected by shock (ie hitting a deep pothole). As HIR2 bulbs are supposed to be 75-80% brighter than standard halogen, wonder if there is a trade off on bulb life, as with the upgrade halogen bulbs.

Example of pricing - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-9012-Headlight-Bulb/dp/B00I409JK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458134902&sr=8-1&keywords=Hir2+bulb

In the UK Toyota GB has a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty, but I would have thought that headlight bulbs have limited cover.

18 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In the UK Toyota GB has a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty, but I would have thought that headlight bulbs have limited cover.

Here in Finland we have 3 years/100 000tkm, and the bulbs are covered.

I would think that bulbs (as opposed to the light fixtures) are a consumable like a clutch, brake pads etc.

Can't find similar file as this (sorry, it's finnish) from toyota.co.uk, but excluded from warranty are tyres, fluids, filters, cleaning, sparkplugs, fuses, wipers, brake pads and clutch.

Thanks all, I went in a got a bulb £25.06 which in itself is a rip off but at least it wasn`t hundred plus, they had done a second receipt in case I wanted it fitted which came out at £57 something!!!

£25 quid for fitting, what a rip off, he said you may have to take some bits off to do it, went to Hi-Q in Horley and bunged him a fiver and he did it in less than five mins only had to remove top of washer bottle, lesson learned. Get car serviced there fine but other stuff, forget it.

That was driver side and the other side looked clear an simple that even I could do it!

probably the minimum that their system allows for billing labour is 1/4 of an hour. Must ask my dealer if they are still doing free fitting if you buy the bulb from them or if it has stopped on a national basis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links