Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris-Dension connection

chris3

Hi,

I have got a Dension Lite for my Auris (2008) and have the standard stereo out ready to connect it however all the ports are taken. Which is the CD changer port and any ideas what is currently in that spot? The car has bluetooth fitted so could this be it? (you hold the 'mode' steering wheel button to activate that). Thoughts on how to connect the Dension and then select it (do you press mode on steering wheel or the disc button etc?) are appreciated  

{option}http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/chris3boro/IMG_5392%201_zpseojq0cq6.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, chris3 said:

Hi,

I have got a Dension Lite for my Auris (2008) and have the standard stereo out ready to connect it however all the ports are taken. Which is the CD changer port and any ideas what is currently in that spot? The car has bluetooth fitted so could this be it? (you hold the 'mode' steering wheel button to activate that). Thoughts on how to connect the Dension and then select it (do you press mode on steering wheel or the disc button etc?) are appreciated  

{option}http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/chris3boro/IMG_5392%201_zpseojq0cq6.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks a lot

You need a CD changer Y cable - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Lexus-iPod-iPhone-Aux-In-USB-Interface-Adaptors-Y-Cable-Type-1/351210369885?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35308%26meid%3D2140735b0a2b42feaadeb16656abf14a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D141453538295

The CD changer port is a 6 + 6 pin socket. Toyota_new_short.GIF

I installed a AUX/SD/USB/Bluetooth adapter in the back of my audio unit, and the connector plug is this socket. The Dension will have the same plug for this too. My car in an Avensis and I did a "How to install USB" - 

What audio system is fitted to your car? In your photos, the cables are obscuring the sockets. I assume the stereo is compatible with the Dension. Also the bluetooth is built in and not a plug in feature. Some stereos SatNav seem to be not compatible.    

CD changer port is that one which Konrad shown you (6+6 pins connector) ; normally, if your car has already fitted a bluetooth car kit, you need a "Y" cable as Konrad said before, in order to add your Dension virtual changer and let your car kit functional. Then you can select Dension changer pressing CD button twice. 

Auris stereo hasn't a built in bluetooth, your car has a separate module connected to the same port and you can choose whether keep it or not, if you don't, may use Dension's bluetooth and "Y" cable is no longer required. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2016 at 5:20 PM, tavy said:

CD changer port is that one which Konrad shown you (6+6 pins connector) ; normally, if your car has already fitted a bluetooth car kit, you need a "Y" cable as Konrad said before, in order to add your Dension virtual changer and let your car kit functional. Then you can select Dension changer pressing CD button twice. 

Auris stereo hasn't a built in bluetooth, your car has a separate module connected to the same port and you can choose whether keep it or not, if you don't, may use Dension's bluetooth and "Y" cable is no longer required. 

Thanks for correcting me Tavey. I wrongly assumed the bluetooth module was built into the stereo, as on my Avensis. As you may have seen my "How to install USB Adaptor", the adaptor I installed came with bluetooth, and this does more than the basic bluetooth of the W53828 unit in the Avensis. 

The rest of the info regarding "Y" cable is correct. The Dension Bluetooth may more flexible than the Toyota version, so losing the Toyota version may not matter.

Thank you too, Konrad. Chris can remove existent Toyota bluetooth (in this way he need no more an "Y" cable) and use Dension bluetooth which is more advanced; I think Toyota bluetooth is version 1, but Dension bluetooth is version 2 with A2DP with music streaming.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links