Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris rear seat

VSD

Dear all,

I'm interested in the new Auris 1.2 Turbo.

My only concern is the cabin size.....feels small....!

My wife has a 2010 Yaris & it looks far roomier in comparison....

Do you agree, or its just a bad impression?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree!

Two weeks ago I had a testdrive with the new Auris ánd the new Yaris and the Yaris felt bigger.

The Auris seems to have a lack of headroom. When you look at the TS version with panoramic sunroof it is even worse (although the feeling will be less, because of the extra light). 

The second generation Auris, although a re-work of the first generation and even carried forward the Type Approval from 2007, was reduced in height by up to 40mm. The height was reduced from between 1480-1515mm to 1460-1475mm.

This would have an effect on interior headroom.

The current Yaris is actually taller - height is between 1510-1530mm.

Hey Guys....

I believe its just the sheer thickness of things in the Auris......thick doors / c pillars / seats.....everything looks thick & solid!

It drives like a dream & you get a feeling nothin will go wrong.

Just ordered one & lookin forward to get it home!!

It is a bit of a dark interior, which is not necessarily a bad thing. My glass roof is very nice indeed but it certainly does have a very evident "greenhouse effect" in summer! Personally, I don't like the dash/fascia/door card treatment of the pale leather upholstery (a bit of a hotchpotch IMHO), and I'm very satisfied with my standard dark fabric with leather trim. 

There's plenty of room in the front and in the estate boot, which are what matters to me. 

The rear seat squab (base) isn't the shortest - which makes it reasonably comfortable, but (combined with smallish rear door openings) helps make access to the rear seats a bit tighter than one might expect. But hey, they seem quite popular as taxis, so rear seat room, comfort and access/egress can't be too bad really! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links