Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Ears, My Lovely Ears

cokg2

Well ive been playing with someones sub today, using some Bass Test tracks i got from THX and some other stuff.

Oh my god, how loud!!!

So i decided to give um a whirl on my Bose System at home, and ive managed to effectly blow the subwoofer, on a £1275 home sound system.

Oh $hit!

Looks like its time to phone Mr Bose tomorrow and ask him why the sub has stopped working, i was only listening to classical Fm on a low volume

Anyway, if anyone wants the Bass Test and Tweeter Test files, add me to msn

kierangray1982@hotmail.com

By the way, any one got Bass Mekanik v5? Its the Cd with 99 test tones / mixes etc

cheers

hhmm hard lines matey

hello bose, yeeeesss, i was listening to beethoven, with a paper called the daily telegraph, and the cup of finest. when suddenly my sub thing blew up! :D

hi, Ive either lost my bass CD or I have written over it

please log on to my PC and enter some bass tracks

password = TOC (uppercase)

Direct PC Link

The sub unit with bose systems works very heavily even without 'bassy' music/films... It has to, to make up for the tiny Speakers.

I used to work with bose gear and it's top notch stuff, but I wouldn't recomend playing specific 'bass testers' with it however or else... well, but late for that now isn't it!

You might source a new sub for £500 or perhaps a little less 2nd hand, or if it's still under warranty then you'll possibly get a replacement... although when they inspect they'll know you weren't listening to your average bass lines... we're not stupid you know :P

also i'm assuming you've got the lifestyle 12, same as me :) (nice system by the way)

Sam

to be honest, it was a combination of a crate of Castlemaine XXXX and the Bass test.

Prob is, the unit is the amp, so like u say, it aint gonna be cheap

I'll get um on the blower, and play innocent

dude..........Between you two kieran and sam

Youv worked just on about anything wa talk about!!

1 person did enter the password incorectly

16/06/2004 22:42:11: Web interface: Failed Loginattempt (81.103.56.xxx)

dunno whats wrong

why do you want my FTP details,

just put the names here, and I'll put em in the search box

To determine what exactly is at fault on your system, connect the sub to a full-range output (it won't do it any damage as the driver in the enclosure is pretty much full range any way). If it works then obviously it's not the sub :thumbsup:

Then it's down to the amp and/or the built in Xover network...

If you can open the enclosure, then it would also be worthwile inspecting the driver for possible failure signs (rubbing coil, open circuit, split surround etc...). Using a multi-meter on the terminals, you should be able get an impedance reading normally of 4 or 8 Ohms.

How old is the system? If it's out of waranty it will be much cheaper to try repair it yourself than send it to Bose. That is if you're competant with electronics otherwise it could land up costing a new Hi-Fi :D :P

I hated repairing Bose components tho... what a pain in the ring :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links