Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight replacing bulbs avensis T27 2012t

Alan1234

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and need advice on changing the dip/main beam bulbs on my car on the back off the headlight I can only see a awkward plug on a metal heat sink unit help lol before I lose it and break something .The car is a 2.2diesel estate tr spirit 

Edited by Alan1234
More info added

If I am not mistaken, the lights on the T-Spirit are HID not halogen! Halogen bulb replacement is covered by the owners handbook, not HID. I checked the later handbook and see warnings about the very high voltage (20,000 volts), and advise that a qualified technician carry out the work. Also, if the voltage is insufficient, the lights may not come on. 

Look at section 4-3. Do-it-yourself maintenance, page 602 (on my version) of the owners handbook.

I have no experience with HID! 

Edited by Konrad C
additional info

Yup, should be bi-xenon HID on a TSpirit. Expensive to replace & I am surprised that one has gone already.

If you do have to replace this may be interesting http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/93348/best-hid-headlight-bulbs-2016

2012MY Avensis is a D4S fitment.

Thanks for the replys , I was thinking it may have a hid system I should have looked before I went to Halfords. I just wanted brighter lights at night and the young pup at Halfords recommended these 130% brighter halogen ones . £52quid did seem a hefty price to pay . They will be going back for a refund . I've been reading the forums for a while now and like the advice you guys give . I'm an ex mech myself things have moved on from 1996 . Anyway thanks and I'll be sticking around maybe giving some advice if I can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan1234 said:

Thanks for the replys , I was thinking it may have a hid system I should have looked before I went to halfords. I just wanted brighter lights at night and the young pup at halfords recommended these 130% brighter halogen ones . £52quid did seem a hefty price to pay . They will be going back for a refund . I've been reading the forums for a while now and like the advice you guys give . I'm an ex mech myself things have moved on from 1996 . Anyway thanks and I'll be sticking around maybe giving some advice if I can.

Any advice from a mechanic will be appreciated. Your skill and experience is still relevant now in most aspects. Only the electronics has got a little more complicated.

Back to the lights, check the connections if one is going off or not working properly. Just be careful of the very high current! :shock:  Check and clean the light lens and make sure the headlamp cleaners are working properly. I am not sure if xenon's are adjustable, but get them checked for alignment. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links