Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is there a speed limiter?

martin68

Hi again guys, I recently bought an Auris Excel Hybrid Estate. years 2013/14 

I have managed to figure out how the cruse control works, but is there a speed limiter included? i used to have a speed limiter on my Peugeot 407 and i used it quite regular especially in 30mph zones where its easy to go faster without noticing straight away.

Im not sure if i missed it but i read the hand book but theres also no mention of a speed limiter.

I have looked at the Toyota owners manual and the speed limiter button (if available) is on the steering wheel as shown on page 337 - https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OM12F76E.pdf?_ga=2.16751856.71741934.1493795607-526758182.1491114935

If you has this button, press it and a symbol will illuminate. The speed limiter is adjusted in the same way as using the cruise control function - set, resume, faster, slower and pull to cancel. 

If you press the cruise control button, the mode changes to cruise control. 

In you cannot access the link to the manual try here - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Edited by Konrad C
additional info

ive checked the location on the steering wheel, but sadly ive only got a display button in the location where the speed limiter would be. Shame :(

I have a similar hybrid with cruise control. No speed limiter indeed. Just CC.
No alarm system in mine either altough it's a top version. They didn't add alarm system in my country. So ...  whichever one you buy, keep in mind that options or standard equipment can be different in any country.
For you guys it's more simple : if the steering wheel is on the right side, big chance you are looking at a UK version.

Interesting they couldn't put a speed limiter. I would have thought it would have interfaced with the throttle input. Do they do it through the FCU instead?

10 hours ago, haelewyn said:

For you guys it's more simple : if the steering wheel is on the right side, big chance you are looking at a UK version.

... or Irish. The Irish specs are different, and they do have the van version.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links