Killian Lobato

Vibration at 2000 rpm under load Verso-S (like a Yaris) 1.4 D-4D

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have a Verso-S diesel and have noticed a strong vibration when I put the engine under load under 2000 RPM. This is most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Anybody else notice the same?

I notice the vibration through the car seat at the central rear view mirror vibrates to a point that I cannot correctly see through it.

Regards,

Killian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have no experience of these models as my Yaris is an auto but have you got a dual mass flywheel on this car? are the engine mounts secure/worn? Either of these can cause severe vibrations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Killian,did you ever find the cause??I have the same problem with my auris 2009 1.4d4d,bad vibration from 1700--2100 rpm,in 4th,5th and 6th when engine is labouring/under load.when it's at its worst,it will make the whole inside dash shutter/vibrate!any help welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need to update your profile to include the Auris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above: check engine mounts. If OK, suspect Dual mass flywheel - failed springs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, seanybuck said:

Hey Killian,did you ever find the cause??I have the same problem with my auris 2009 1.4d4d,bad vibration from 1700--2100 rpm,in 4th,5th and 6th when engine is labouring/under load.when it's at its worst,it will make the whole inside dash shutter/vibrate!any help welcome!

Hi Seanybuck,

No answer to problem. Car is in wife’s hands now who is oblivious to this. I got myself a 2004 2.0 d4d corolla which is way smoother.

have you taken your car to a Toyota garage to see what they say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Do you need to update your profile to include the Auris.

This was aimed at Seanybuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to the Verso S club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a auris touring 2014 1.4d4d

I feel the vibration in all the car between 1700 2000 rpm going uphill 

Its  anoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 1:27 PM, Killian Lobato said:

Hi,

I have a Verso-S diesel and have noticed a strong vibration when I put the engine under load under 2000 RPM. This is most noticeable in 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Anybody else notice the same?

I notice the vibration through the car seat at the central rear view mirror vibrates to a point that I cannot correctly see through it.

Regards,

Killian

We didnt get the Verso-S diesel in the uk , I did fancy one as a good practical size car .

My Auris Touring 2015 1.4 d4d also vibrates at similar revs when under load . I have put it down to be slightly underpowered for the weight of the car as my previous auris MK 1 1.4 d4d did it to a lesser extent and my Mk1 Yaris 1.4 d4d pulled like a train on hills and never suffered from the vibration.

Is the Verso S 6 speed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a auris mk1 5speed too and it didnt do that vibration.. 

I think Its clutch related

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm experiencing same vibration issues om my 2015 Corolla 1.4D at around 1900 - 2000rpm, especially in 4th, 5th and 6th gears. Did anyone get feedback from Toyota on this issue?

Dealer claims I'm laboring the engine. Can't see how this is possible since max torque is available lowdown between 1800 rpm - 2800 rpm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...