Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer Neons.

Rea

Really fancy getting washer neons on my yaris but have been laughed at by everyone I know!

Do you think I should get them, cause I usually do what I want anyway and to an extent dont care what anyone says.

Or am I sad and deluded and its a poor idea?!

Cheers!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• breezer

• Chappers

• vmail

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

Its up to you mate at the end of the day but all i see with them on is F reg Cavalier SRi's and 1.0 Saxos!

Personally.....No chance!

People will laugh if you get white probably, but if you get a better colour, such as red (like me).

I got pulled when i had my white ones on coz they had a very very discrete blue tint to them :angry: So i got red, lol and attached them to max power multi switch!

Hmm fair point.

Just dont know what to do with it at the moment as im skint but I just bought it and want to do something cool with it!

Agreed that neons and cool cant really go together.

yeh they do if its done neatly!! i have neons all over

1 in each footwell, 1 under each seat, 1 in each of the vents on the dash, 2 in the boot, on the bonnet and under the car!! all red apart from boot and vent ones which r blue

your car your choice at the end of the day, personally i think they are pony

lol! the master has spoken :lol: i dont use my bonnet neons much tho, now and then, thats the advantage of the switch :D

Ok, think ill get them. The question now is what colour?

My Yaris is Caldera Red, the colour collection metalic red, so what do you think would be nicest?

dont get the ugly huge ones!! get the chrome ones wit the small bit at the front where the light comes out of! so they look good during the day and at night :thumbsup:

if youre planning on gettin red washer jets i advise you get a switch like this (also if your plannin on getting other neons):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7906186850&rd=1 RRP £25 off speeding.co.uk

Iv got these washer jets:

http://www.speeding.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000123...ehtml%23a13#a13

What colours are actually legal/ illegall. I asked the police and got told blue ones were ok unless someone complained that your car was confusing and could be mistaken for a police car, and it read like they were ok as long as no one complained.

It also said red were deffinatly illegal and I dont wanna get something put on if im just going to get told to take them off again the first time I take my car out.

'As I stated earlier, the legislation may be interpreted

differently by different people and this may lead to the issue of a Fixed

Penalty Ticket.' He also said that so basically theyll find a way of doing you I reakon!

There’s only one sort of car that washer lights should be seen on...

bluuurberry.gif

and...

LOL.jpg

Not our beloved Yaris!

Just my $0.02 worth :thumbsup:

"true" white the only colour legal, which means it cant have a blue tint!

if you get blue ul get pulled and theyl say -sum1 cud confuse u wit a police car

if you get green ul get pulled and theyl say - sum1 cud confuse you with a doctor

you'l probs end up gettin pulled no matter what! by getting the switch ul be able to quickly turn them on and off!

"true" white the only colour legal, which means it cant have a blue tint!

if you get blue ul get pulled and theyl say -sum1 cud confuse u wit a police car

if you get green ul get pulled and theyl say - sum1 cud confuse you with a doctor

you'l probs end up gettin pulled no matter what! by getting the switch ul be able to quickly turn them on and off!

white or yellow

People will laugh if you get white probably, but if you get a better colour, such as red (like me).

I got pulled when i had my white ones on coz they had a very very discrete blue tint to them :angry: So i got red, lol and attached them to max power multi switch!

Is it just blue that's not allowed?

Cos I heard it can sometimes be misunderstood by other drivers to be emergency vehicles?

any colour is not allowed except white or yellow (dunno about orange)

there are othjer rules aswell (no lights during the day)

all bonnet led things are illegal!

And so they should be......... along with fat women, alchopops, flat beer, and cold food that should be hot! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links