Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 D4D 2.2

Aids76

Hello peeps :) 

I got one question and looking for someone to tell if my cruise is working like it should. 

My avensis is 2006 and 2.2 D4D - 2AD-FTV. This car didnt have cruise switch so i decided to install it myself. I bought new cruise control and the first thing i do is to try hook switch directly to ECU.  I found topic : 

I followed instructions from Firstpeke.

I bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Turn-Signal-Cruise-Control-Switch-846320F010-84632-0F010-for-Toyota-Corolla-Auris-Yaris-Hybrid-Verso-Avensis/32709637218.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.05gFfT

So first step made was pinned pin 21 to ground. Light in dashboard got lit :) I was happy like a radio. :biggrin::biggrin:  

I then hook up cruise switch one wire to pin21 ecu directly and one wire to ground. And it worked. 

So i went for test drive. I speed up to 120 km/h and press switch on for cruise control. Cruise light on in dashboard. I pulled stick up and the car was maintaining speed 120 km/h. If i press brake cruise control stopped and i controled throttle myself. What bothers me that cruise light  in dashboard didnt come off when i pressed brake and controled car myself. Is that ok or should cruise indicator goes off when i press brake ??? 

Thanks for help on clearing this problem. And thanks to Firstpeke on good instructions :rolleyes:

I love this car so far it goes like creazy and that cruise control was only thing i missed here :biggrin:

No the light goes off when you switch off the cruise control button 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. 

Just asking if anyone have user manual pdf for this car. I did get book of user manual, but its italian language. I need it in english,pls.

Its Avensis d4d 2.2 , year 2006

I looked in toyota online but couldnt find manual for my vin. 

Is anyone so good and have pdf and can upload somewhere ?

Regards and thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links