Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

02 Corolla "Check Strap" Door Stopper question

Marlon05

just a quick one! 
Does the 3Door and 5Door Corolla's share the same parts?

im trying to find a drivers side "check strap" for a 3door but can only find a 5door one on eBay atm.

not sure where else to ask if they have the same parts... 
any help i would be grateful
Cheers 

• 1 month later...

I've had this pain and have been searching for a 3dr one for some time.  I used 24/7 spares a few times and ended up with 5dr ones, which i've found are longer.  Whilst this means your door opens nice and wide, it also stops your window dropping fully.  

IIRC, 3dr parts are numbered '206' and 5dr '225' (or similar) - I believe this is the length of the strap.  I'm still using a 5dr one and making do until I can be bothered to try again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cliveyp said:

I've had this pain and have been searching for a 3dr one for some time.  I used 24/7 spares a few times and ended up with 5dr ones, which i've found are longer.  Whilst this means your door opens nice and wide, it also stops your window dropping fully.  

IIRC, 3dr parts are numbered '206' and 5dr '225' (or similar) - I believe this is the length of the strap.  I'm still using a 5dr one and making do until I can be bothered to try again! 

Following the part number listed on the site pi_r_2 mentioned i have found the Drivers door part number which is: 68610-13040
Found here: http://japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2002/corolla-hb-ukp/zze120r-dgmdkw/3_153550_015_/body/6701_front-door-panel-glass/2

seen one on eBay so i hope its correct as my VIN matches the part number.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360475526359

Thanks for the help guys :) 

Frighteningly expensive for a plastic strap isn't it!

1 minute ago, cliveyp said:

Frighteningly expensive for a plastic strap isn't it!

i know i didnt think it would be that much, as the 5 door ones ive seen are like £20 on eBay :(

guess its the price of perfection ay... 

I've not paid over £30 for one yet.....that said, i've also not got the right one, so it's kinda irrelevant....

1 minute ago, cliveyp said:

I've not paid over £30 for one yet.....that said, i've also not got the right one, so it's kinda irrelevant....

same as i got one for £25 and my window wont go down all the way... silly story is that i went for my MOT last week and the mechanic broke my driver side window because he lowed it and shut the door. window went everywhere :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links