Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clicking noise from steering

Kilbrogan

31 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Thanks Venomx

No worries let us know how you get on 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, venomx said:

No worries let us know how you get on 😁

Update in the Yaris forum - 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2022 at 7:12 PM, TonyHSD said:

My one knocks since day one I have bought it , never bothered to get it fixed. Will keep driving until fail mot or become really bad, if ever happens. Not a safety issue and not a big deal, just annoying. Best to learn to live with it. It might be motor gears or bearings and not exactly the dried grease. If grease is properly reapplied it may last lifetime, I simply can’t stop the car to try to fix if not broken.  👍 

Hi Tony, as this has reared its head again elsewhere could i ask if yours got any worse or did you do anything to stop it, mine is still doing it but has not got any worse in over a year and passed MOT with no advisories.

35 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Hi Tony, as this has reared its head again elsewhere could i ask if yours got any worse or did you do anything to stop it, mine is still doing it but has not got any worse in over a year and passed MOT with no advisories.

Hi, 

my one is still the same since day one I have the car. It didn’t go any worse imo. I checked the shafts and the bolts and they seemed tight and there is plenty of grease. I believe my one is from the splines on the telescopic side or the gears  or bearings inside. I am not touching it unless  fails  MOT or become noticeably worse. 

Thanks Tony.

I have checked mine again,  I have my column all the way in and at the very top of adjustment, if I drop the steering wheel to the bottom or even half way down the click noise goes away so to me  it's definitely something in the splines causing it not a loose joint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max_Headroom said:

Thanks Tony.

I have checked mine again,  I have my column all the way in and at the very top of adjustment, if I drop the steering wheel to the bottom or even half way down the click noise goes away so to me  it's definitely something in the splines causing it not a loose joint.

Yeap, sounds like dried lubricant. If me I won’t be bothered getting it fixed. 
More we try to fix things that aren’t completely broken, higher is the chance of messing something else. Keep stock, genuine cars lasts longer . 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links