Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Stereo To Get

Debz

Hey :D

My boyfriend is getting me a cd player for my 2 as my birthday present. hurrah! :P

But I have been left to choose it. Not knowing anything about that sort of think, I am just drawn by the flashy lights and clours!!! Sure there must be more to them than that!! ;)

Any suggestions?

Was looking at the Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 , anyone know about this one??

Got to try and make a decision (not my strong point!!!) soon as want it to be fitted on my birthday (monday!)

i suggest the new alpine CDA-9835R

i had an older version a bit back and couldnt fault it!

full mp3 single CD and fantastic sound quality.

sod flashy lights and daft features, go for all the quality of the sound!

and usually at an extremely reasonable price approx £250 and if you check our gold savings im pretty sure one of them will drop a furthar 10% ;)

damn! bit over budget on that one! :D

but hit the link and look at the rest of the range aswell

yeah of course

alpine never fail to provide excellent quality yet keep it nice and easy to use

IMHO anyway

I got a Kenwood KDCM4524 a while back. It plays MP3's and is shed loads better the old Sony that came with the car and the price is almost within your budget.

its gotta be Kenwood or Alpine iv'e had 2 Kenwoods in the past and i can't fault them

Don't buy Sony .. .

Wots every1 got against Sony on this site? I don't understand it, okay its not got the greatest sound quality but it is the biggest 'name' and their products easily look the best of any others out there! Thats my opinion anyway!

Cheers :thumbsup:

not got the greatest sound quality
biggest 'name'
easily look the best

Erm, think ya answered it there .. :lol:

You pay a LOT for the kit your get and it may look fancy, but that's as far as it goes ..

Alpine is standard on Astons .. I rest my case.

U don't pay that much Bibbs, i got my MP3 headunit 4 £120 which is not bad, wot other MP3 headunit can u get 4 £120?

P.S. As I sed this is only my opinion!

You don't get much for £120 .. but I think the are Alpine and Blaupunkt ones for about that ..

Seems though Sony have made a lot of money selling rubbish units very expensivly to the burbury massive ..

BUT - Only an opinion as you say :)

My Avensis already had a Sony headunit in when I bought the car. I happily listened to my music CD's on it for a while. Then one day the display died!

I still used it for some time with it in that state, but eventually got sick of not knowing what I was listening to, so in the end decided to replace my Sony with a new headunit.

Of the ones I could find in the sub £150 range I had a choice of several which played MP3's (couldn't stretch to an Alpine though :( ). In the end I got the Kenwood and I can't tell you how much better the sound is than the Sony, even with the standard Speakers that came with the car.

So in the end it's not that Sony is rubbish, it's just that for the same money you can buy better quality (both in terms of build and sound).

the burbury massive ..

I have nuthin made by Burberry in my wardrobe u'll be glad 2 hear!

Was looking at the Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 , anyone know about this one??

I'm going Blaupunkt crazy at the moment check this thread :

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18367

I'm new to cars and am shocked at the lack of technology these head units have... It's like looking at hi-fi from the late 80's : All visuals and about nuffin else.

So I've been looking around/researching touch panels and hu's and all I can say is that the DAB54 looks like the most action packed hu I have come across.

- Still looking but it looks like the DAB54 will be in my car on Saturday.

n :eek: b

Don't buy Sony .. .

Whats wrong with sony :o :P

I just fitted the new Sony cdx-R3300. Cracking bit of kit, only just become available at Halfords and its £180. Got mine off a place in the back of Max Power for £115! :D

Got everything i look for in a headunit :thumbsup:

I do agree its one for the Burberry massive though :lol: , but in a Supra i think i get away with it :thumbsup:

i suggest the new alpine CDA-9835R

i had an older version a bit back and couldnt fault it!

full mp3 single CD and fantastic sound quality.

sod flashy lights and daft features, go for all the quality of the sound!

and usually at an extremely reasonable price approx £250 and if you check our gold savings im pretty sure one of them will drop a furthar 10% ;)

where did you find that headunit for £250 cheapest i have found is £339 and i thought that wa cheap!!!

Don't buy Sony .. .

I just fitted the new Sony cdx-R3300. Cracking bit of kit, only just become available at Halfords and its £180. Got mine off a place in the back of Max Power for £115! :D

I do agree its one for the Burberry massive though :lol: , but in a Supra i think i get away with it :thumbsup:

A supra bloke reading max power :o

Don't buy Sony .. .

A supra bloke reading max power :o

Only if there is a decient motor in it :thumbsup:

The only issues of Max i have are things like:

One with Yellow Supra on front Cover

One with Norris Designs Evo7 on front Cover

:D

max do have the odd decent motor in

i find they are always without a doubt at the cutting edge with new products (and not just the daft stuff)

also a good directory for parts and things

Actually i got fast car becuase it had a car in that i knew about, and its a good directory for young drivers insurance....

Wether they are good insurance is another matter...

well the choice has now been taken outta my hands. Hes bought one, no idea what :o

Exciting :D

i will let you know on Monday what the result is ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links